Best answers
I get this problem too many ...... times and it's driving me ........ crazy!!! Each time I start up hammer it freezes. I made a hammer "log" in my head. Here is what happened in the past hour:

start Hammer

open map

stops when I make a new brush

freezes

restart

start hammer

open map

texture something

I carve a square, yet it freezes

restart

and at one point the stupid thing froze every 20 seconds with an opened map in hammer!!!!! ;( It's just getting flat out annoying when I'm almost set for a map pack (for dmz) but I have to finish one more map! All I have to do is just finish making king kaio's house texture it, and I'm done, and I have been trying to do that one step for the past month (I'm not kidding, I'm DEAD SERIOUS it's been taking me that long)!

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
What´s your hardware? Maybe your graficcard is to slow for the rendering work in one of the windows or your ammount of ram is too small ...

Best answers
someone already asked me this, but the thing is is that it freezes in the 2d views, and my maps don't really have much in it! My snakeway map has only got snakeway and king kai's planet, also, I never, EVER use lights, because compiling freezes during RAD, now, I know what you are going to say, it doesn't freeze, it just goes slow, WRONG when I press ctrl alt delete it says valve hammer [not responding].

sigh

but my specs are as follows

128 ram

so the ram is good enough, the gfx card though I don't know it I heard from my dad it has enough power to run serious sam 2 full graphics and everything.

now for the complete shocker, you better sit do..oh, you already are lol

pentium 1
400 MHZ

but the thing is is that it freezes in 2d view, it never has frozen in 3d view, and it freezes in 2d view whenever I block out 3d view!

EDIT: you think I should try it on my other computer that is the same as above, only 130 mhz?

Best answers
Was you able to run a lower version of Worldcraft? I would use 3.3 or lower if you're running that tight on time.

Best answers
yeah, I'm gonna go try World Craft again, see if that may help. But what things are different, I need to know, like if there's an entity difference or something.

EDIT: I have found a solution to my problem, or at least it reduces the freezing.

What I did was just have 3d view showing at least half of the screen, and it hasnt frozen since

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom