Halo, sad or wack

Best answers
Halo is a wonderfully crafted video game that tells all the other game developers out there how to make a first person shooter for a console. An amazingly well-written story combined with steller graphics makes playing this game a dream come true. Many believe that Halo single handedly saved Microsoft's Xbox release sales.

I could write more, but I have go out and buy some clothes.

Best answers
halos cool
lotsa shootin not to mention grendades and a whole other arsnel of weps and also cool vehicals

Best answers
Halo, one of the best shooting games, but it's a good mix between say serious sam, which is just shooting, and splinter cell, which is a good stealth game, but not to much shooting. The graphics are amazing and has anyone ever look ed at the grass, they made an effort to make it look like grass not a big patch of plain green. And then theres the super shortcuts, but assualt on the control room ain't to fun without any enemies (trust me Ican do it). Plus master Chief (guy you control) talks, not just grunts when he jumps or gets hit. I think Halo is a great game and can't wait for Halo 2. But they had to put in that damned sea rat (monitor) who you an't damage with a rocket launcher, and don't get me started on his voice.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While the platform of the XBox (or any other console) isn't exactly ideal for an FPS until you'rer used to the controls, I still have two words for it: Infinite Grenades. I love playing with infinite nades on :p Especially on really tall maps.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Game was weak. Graphics were weak (when you have a Radeon 9700 Pro with DX9 and take a walk through UT2k3, you'll understand....it isn't anything I haven't already seen on computers).

First Person Shooters on Consoles is blasphemy I don't care how "good" the graphics are or how "good" the story is, or whether or not the main character ****ing talks. They ALL suck except for the earliest successful ones, such as Goldeneye, for various reasons which should be incredibly obvious.

Best answers
halo rules. i only got it recently, and im up to the part after the library bit and i got to disable the generators. where im up to tho is gonna take some effort to beat, cause i know that im low on all ammo and there is a sh!tload of those flood creatures just ahead, and ive failed 3 attempts so far o_O

Best answers
Originally posted by B0Bmaster40000
halo rules. i only got it recently, and im up to the part after the library bit and i got to disable the generators. where im up to tho is gonna take some effort to beat, cause i know that im low on all ammo and there is a sh!tload of those flood creatures just ahead, and ive failed 3 attempts so far o_O
Yea, but near the begging if you climb the big tower thing right to the top I think theres a good gun like sniper or shotgun I think. And to Karrade (sorry if spelt wrong) in co-op story throw a plasma grenade ay your partener and get them to run into the enemy, BOOM.

Best answers
Originally posted by SaiyanPrideXIX
Game was weak. Graphics were weak (when you have a Radeon 9700 Pro with DX9 and take a walk through UT2k3, you'll understand....it isn't anything I haven't already seen on computers).

First Person Shooters on Consoles is blasphemy I don't care how "good" the graphics are or how "good" the story is, or whether or not the main character ****ing talks. They ALL suck except for the earliest successful ones, such as Goldeneye, for various reasons which should be incredibly obvious.
If it sucks so terribly bad as you say it does, then it probably shouldn't have sold as well as it did. Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion, but when sales records indicate that Halo has revolutionized first person shooters on consoles, then I don't think saying that "they ALL suck" is very accurate.

Best answers
Well ThrillKill, Titanic sucked, and it sold amazingly well!

Personally, an FPS on a console is just pointless, the controls would be horrible.

Best answers
Halo I liked and on that note its one of three games That i like on X-Box

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked it, me andm y friends played many tournys with it. Fun fun to stay up lal not blowing each other up!

Best answers
Halo story was absolute garbage, lol. Almost as bad as Half-life, lol. The classic, "Oh no, aliens invaders, let's see....how about we kill them?". Lol, made as much sense as Doom. The vehicles were fun, and those sticky grenades were great, but I mean, any game can do those things, they just haden't. I wasnt impressed with Halo. Besides, I think the only reason it sold so much was that it was the only decent game for XBOX when it came out.

Best answers
You guys do know that Halo is coming out on PC sometime this year around August or September, right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
halo is crap. it would have been better designed for a pc and it really isnt all that fun. at the arcade i go to they have halo lans at the lockings and we get about 16 people lans its still not all that fun. to state it once again halo is crap

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by -ThrillKill-
If it sucks so terribly bad as you say it does, then it probably shouldn't have sold as well as it did. Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion, but when sales records indicate that Halo has revolutionized first person shooters on consoles, then I don't think saying that "they ALL suck" is very accurate.
I went to college for media and marketing. I was trained how to make people like you shell out your money for things. The people behind Halo were no different.

The only points of why it sold well at all is because of three reasons:

1.) Only decent game for the whole machine.
2.) Hyped up (i.e. everyone went right out and bought the thing, but you never get to see statistics on how many took it back to EB).
3.) It had multiplayer support.

'Nuff said. Take away all of those and it would have sold like any other mediocre console FPS.

of course...now the PC version is coming out...and THAT is going to be WHERE ITS AT. hehe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i played halo and let me tell u

it sucked alot

i was thinking why the hell so many people say this is such a good game i mean its just an mediocre shooter not super good or fun but it aint overly bad but there just isnt enough to make anyone go WOW GOOD GAME!!!

sounds more like microsoft brain washing...

or perhaps it spews out money if u endorse it :rolleyes:

Best answers
OMG that fact the some ppl say Halo Sucks astounds me.

Halo is a very good game. If you played a 16 LAN match and didn't enjoy it, then the reason is probally because you were destroyed by those who could play the game >:)

The Story line is not just "OMG its aliens lets kill them" Even before the release f Halo storyline was being made, Check out bungies site and look for the cortana Letters and the transmissions between ships. I'm not going to tell all the halo story here cause that would be a spoiler.... DAMN its end of class i gtg i WILL finish this when i get home.

Best answers
Ascendent saiyan....Nice words man, Nice words....:yes:

LOL :D :D

When i fist played halo i also thought it sucked, contols were fced up and it was for xbox,

but when i continued playin i got better and i mastered the controls, i ruled all of my friends, enz enz,

i gotta go, ill finish this another time Cya

Best answers
...but lets just say that two books have already been release based on Halo; Halo: The Flood, and Halo: The fall of Reach.

The single player missions are very fun and the music is some of the most dramictic i've seen.

True some missions can appear to be go to A go to B get back to A fly to B but this is the first installment of this game on a new engine, Bungie knows what they need to do now and already have a new engine with much better graphics, Physics, AI, real time lighting, etc, etc...

Anyways to save time i'll just leave you with my final thought...

shut yer face!! :p

j/k want me to clear anything up pls reply if you do, im sure you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom