Halo 3 Reviews

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Huh... so it actually turned out decent?

I absolutely totally expected a complete let down.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, the beta completely disapointed me, to the point where i swapped my 360 for a Wii and washed my hands of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally think people don't want to like Halo 3.

Best answers
I think it's just the after effects of the Halo 2 hype machine, so many people were disappointed by it (I'm speaking mostly about the single player)

I thought Halo 1, while in no way revolutionary and groundbreaking (I really hate hearing that, Halo did nothing new whatsoever) was very solid, very polished and very enjoyable.

Halo 2 felt rushed, was overhyped and had so much emphasis on the story, which was never it's strong point, it just felt forced, convoluted and a little cliche.

I played the Halo 3 beta at a friends place, and got really bored really quickly, so I really have pretty low expectations for the game...considering it's core mechanics put me to sleep last time I played.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
What makes Halo so "great" is that it's pretty much the sole stable online console shooter.

...and that's about it, it's fun playing with friends and ****, otherwise it never really catches my eye, plus I can only play so much of a dual analog shooter.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea, I've seen it in the news paper today that Halo 3 will be released shortly? Rather disappointed that the news paper never said on which console it released.. I on the other hand, only like Halo 1, best ever in my opinion.

For those who hasn't seen this ctrl + alt + del comic yet, it is a must see.. Related to Halo 3:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
being a microsoft title, i'd say it's a 360 exclusive.

magus is right about it being the only stable FPS for consoles. which is where it gains so much hype.

another 2 months, and UT3 is out, and people will forget halo. which is actually a bad excuse for a game. focuses too much on shiney and not enough on awsome.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's short. I just beat it in two sittings, lol. Don't get me wrong, awesome game, I just wish it was a bit longer and I wish the ending was different.

Best answers
I had my first hands on time with it today.

On a superficial level, it's really inconsistent, at some points it looks amazing, and others just a high resolution Halo 2.

I personally got the most fun out of the "Forge" gameplay mode, which I believe is a way of customizing items and spawn points in a map, pushing up on the d-pad enables a sort of simplified console, and turns you into a flying..camera thingy.

Anyway, it was much more fun to have duels with the Gravity hammer by turning into a camera, flying around and then dropping out of the sky and whacking people to death, I had fun, but I wouldn't have paid $200 for the legendary edition like my friend did..I mean whats the point of owning Master Chief's helmet..if you can't even wear it?

Anyway, it's a fun solid game, but nothing special IMO.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If only I could ban people for linking and posting CAD.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It's not that at all. It's the fact that halo is going through the same thing now as it did with 2. halo 1 came out, and it was just another fun FPS video game. Halo 2 was hyped to be so much better, but in reality, it just had a mediocre story line, some new guns, new maps, and better graphics. Well the same thing is happening now with halo 3, it was hyped to be the greatest game of all time, but in reality it's just another fps with better graphics, some new weapons, and new maps.

So you have different kinds of people, with their views:

The person who is like "HALO ROCKS"

The person who is in with the hype, but dissapointed.

The person who doesn't care about the game at all and doesn't follow

And then the person who was telling everyone all along that halo 3 was gonna suck balls from the beginning but no one listened to him.

i honestly think those reviews, if you can call them that, are based off of the hype, rather then the actual game itself. However, that doesn't stop it from being a good game, it is. It's just not what i believe it could be. Still it's fun to play.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Indeed, plus you still have places like gamespot who are real biased in their ratings, they gave it a 9.5...99% of the time (the 1% being Halo releases) they will knock sequels or really hyped sequels for not "reinventing" the series so the score usuallly will drop a full point in its final score (I know they can do whatever they want but gamespot is a really trusted source of mine), but Halo gets its ass kissed and its balls played with.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
being a microsoft title, i'd say it's a 360 exclusive.

magus is right about it being the only stable FPS for consoles. which is where it gains so much hype.

another 2 months, and UT3 is out, and people will forget halo. which is actually a bad excuse for a game. focuses too much on shiney and not enough on awsome.
UT3! Great stuff! UT2K4 was really an update of UT2K3. Despite being old, there are still communities playing the original. Halo never wowed me either, it seemed like an ordinary FPS.

Quake Wars!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"It's like flipping a coin, and every time it comes up heads four hundred dollars catches on fire." -TB

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure a lot of sites and magazines will give the game a high score just so they don't get hate from their fans.

There's no way Halo 3 of all games is worth a 10, when in fact, some sites did give it that.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh,

loved halo 1
despise halo 2,
****ING LOVED #3

dunno, its like they took everything i liked about halo 1 and 2 and put it together, and it almost seems as though the multiplayer was tweaked purely for my playstyle.

i was never the worst person on my team in halo 2, but i was never the best either. i had just finished campaign mode and figured id give xbl a try, 1st game was a 8 man free for all,no teams, 1st to 50 kills.

i hit 50 kills before anyone else got to 25, I LOVE IT

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still want to ban people for linking, and even Liking CAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom