Halo 3 makes kids think death's not real

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-daniel-petric-sentenced,0,644171.story

Defense attorneys argued that Petric's youth and addiction to the game "Halo 3" made him less responsible for the shooting. They say he often played video games 18 hours a day with little food or sleep. They say he may have been so obsessed with the game, where players shoot alien monsters that have taken over the Earth, that he didn't think death was real.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol. I hate Halo and it's whole fanbase.

But I'm sick of the Media making it seem like the games fault for such things. It's the persons.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Gotta love dumbass judges.

Judge Burge addressed the issue of video game addiction during sentencing, and said that it was a factor in his final decision. He says he hopes more study will be done on the topic.

"I feel confident that if there were no such thing as violent video games, I wouldn't know Daniel Petric," he said.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
i only have halo 1 i dont like it either never have :p

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
And this is one of the many reasons why I'm losing faith in mankind.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, it gets from bad to worse everyday. :|

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Waaah, my WoW account got banned. Waaah, I have no friends because I play too many video games. Waaah, I base my life on a guy in green armor...people need to grow some balls nowadays.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Quick, we must band together, and eradicate all books, movies and TV shows because all forms of media have the possibility to warp people into doing really naughty things in increasingly creative ways...

Seriously I hate Halo, and its fanbase, but more than that, I hate people who pick a particular medium for a scapegoat. If they are going to employ a stupid logic, at least apply it universally.

Noone ever bothers to note that the plethora of crime books, movies, and TV shows teaches people to be a more dedicated, thorough serial killer or sociopath.

People take responsibility for their own brain, their own emotions, and their ensuing actions. A d**khead will be a d**khead regardless as to whether he listens to Marilyn Manson backwards, plays GTA, or reads too much Agatha Christie.

Back from the shadows
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
I always feared that as games progressed to become more and more life-like then confusion would arise between reality and fantasy, this is a perfect example, but it's also a testament to useless paternity.
18 hours? 18 ****ing hours... seriously.

I think anyone's brain is susceptible to distortion after playing 18 hours a day, every day.

Best answers
I think this kid is I dont know but he is something and he needs to get a bike adn some friends or a life maybe? I play games but not 18 hours a day how the F*** do you stay up that long? I also go outside and do stuff.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No, that's not what he meant. He meant because people assume it's the games fault, at least that's what I think. When it's obviously just the person at fault.

Best answers
No, that's not what he meant. He meant because people assume it's the games fault, at least that's what I think. When it's obviously just the person at fault.
True, you don't blame a gun for the killing, you blame the person.

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the parents should recieve as much punishment as the kid gets.

Who let's their kid play Halo 3 all day?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That kid knew that death was real. He killed in full knowledge. Sorry but death is something that is known through out ALL human knowledge.

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitler obviously played Halo 3 for 18 hours a day.
After seeing Kain post this in another thread.

It got me thinking that this story could be a planted attempt to keep kids aware or the inward and outward aggression that prolonged multiplayer combat, can cause. :shocked:

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the parents should recieve as much punishment as the kid gets.

The mother is dead. The father wounded. Thats not punishment?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
And this is one of the many reasons why I'm losing faith in mankind.
I'm strangely inclined to agree with you.

He was probably aware of what death was but let the game become so important in his life and to attempt to kill both his parents for it really makes me ask why people do these kinds of things.

http://pysih.com/2007/10/21/daniel-petric/

The fact that the game was taken away because his parents thought he had a video game related problem makes the matter more tragic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom