Half Life

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You won't be playing ESF with it, per se, but since you have it, you won't have a problem playing (I have that same edition).

You need to download Steam. That's what you'll be using to join servers and play online. You create an account, and give it the CD key your Game Of The Year Edition CD gave you. Once you've done that, you're all set. Download ESF, or any other mods you want, and install them to your Steam directory.

Best answers
yea I got steam and HL2 and i just got HL:Game Of The Year Edition and I was just wondering

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, then you're good to go. Enjoy HL1 and ESF. =)

Best answers
Ight I got a two problems and ive looked it up before I posted this so bear with me. I installed half life and then I installed ESF 1.2.3 then I installed the patch. I tried it then the error came up CL_dlls/Client_dl somthing like that I need help with that. Other problem is I need to know how to play with bots I looked that up too and the stuff I found really didn't help at all I need help with this crap if anyone could send me some sort of link to a post that answers a question simliar or like this one I would apreceate it thanks :yes:

P.S yea im new soooo WHAT!! :devgrin: :\

Best answers
now i am but it needs to update so ill reply later and tell ya if it works..................but whats suppose to happen when its finsh updating i start half life through steam right then i go to the custom game selection start ESF then i play?

Also i need help with playing with bots

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After it's done updating, run Half-Life, then install ESF.

Bots are built in. Press "=".

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you sayying you got 1.2.3 full and then installed a patch over that ?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't "add characters" to the game, you replace models.

A good file site for ESF custom files is ESF World. Download models from there and replace whatever models they're designed for. If you don't know exactly how, use the search feature and look, I remember a few threads asking that question recently.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Killa9127, It's obvious you know how to edit your posts. Do so instead of double posting, because double posting is bad. It makes me cry. You wouldn't want to upset me would you?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basicly you cant put a patch over the highest version of the game O.O

Just get ESF b1.2.3 full install of www.esf-world.com and you have evrything you nead (unless you dont have HL XD)

PS. Oh jea Pain is a mod him crying is worse for you than you think XD

Best answers
hm...models for 1.2.3 works on other versions ??

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cyb0rg said:
hm...models for 1.2.3 works on other versions ??
Nup, The skeletons are different (in a nutshell, yes they will, but you won't hav e proper animations when you play, for instance, 1.2 oriogonaly had a model bug with buu's backward swim animation, & if you put 1.1 models in 1.2 they obviously didn't have the correct animations).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom