half life

Best answers
does any one know where to type the half life cd key? because i dont know where to type it. When I went to join a multi player game it said cd key invalid and i dont kno where to type the cd key can some one help me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game asks for a cd-key the first time you run it, as soon as it's been installed.

Best answers
Navanax said:
The game asks for a cd-key the first time you run it, as soon as it's been installed.
i know it does but i had to reinstall it and now it dont ask for it

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Open start go to run the run window pops open. In run type regedit and anotehr window will open. Under my computer you will see some folders go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER click that and that will expand.Then expand software valve then counter-strike then settings and then double click on key and itll open a new window with your cd key in it delete taht and type in your new one.

PS: This method works on XP not sure bout other window models and for cs retail for HL im sure its something similar and dont mess around with anything else in there and youll be fine

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't even try the above method if you have no idea what you're doing, any accidental changes to the registry can seriously mess up your compmuter\,

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I guess i should have given a warning when i gave that method.BECAREFUL dont do anything stupid and follow the above method CAREFULLY and just use common sense dont delete anything. Mybad bout before and if your too scared to use this method i dont think there are any other ways too change it.
Again sorry bout before :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, there are keychangers around for Half-Life... try Google :)

Best answers
BAH to all of you. If you try and join a game, and Half-life tells you your CD-key is invalid, the next time you start Half-life it will prompt you for your cd-key. If it doesn't, then it's forked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom