Half-Life :Source's ? WTF

Best answers
Ok i recently Bought the collectors edition of Half Life 2, It came in a square metal tin with a t-shirt an stuff. Ok so it say it also includes Half Life : Sources (which is Half Life 1 but with the word Sources on the end...) an also Counter Strike : Souces. Now ive installed it all and Steam an they are all in the Menu, ive played them all for hours. Now ive come to install ESF an it wont install, basicly the Install button isnt highlighted. But if i choose the C:/program files/valve/steam/steamapps/username/dedicated server folder it lets me install it. But it wont boot. Now im wondering, i know i have Half Life : Source's, but will i end up having to buy Half Life on its own, or is it possible to Run ESF using this Half Life : Sources ??? ...
I would appreciate any help with this Thanks.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life Source is different from Half-Life. I believe HLSource runs off a different engine then regular HL. In any case. Yes you need to buy HL1. (Though I suggest buying the collectors edition- same price for 5 games)

Good Luck.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Life:Source is basically Half-Life 1 on the Source engine. New water and updated crossbow action, whohoo. <_<

Unfortunately you'll have to buy Half-Life 1 or an equivalent package on the same engine (Counter-Strike Retail, etc) to be able to install ESF. The Source engine is not backwards compatible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What they said, sort of.

You can't run ESF on HL: Source. However, you bought the collectors edition of HL2 which comes with access to HL1, CS 1.6, Opposing Force etc...so just download HL1 (legit) through Steam, then install ESF into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom