Half Life: Natural Selection

Best answers
This mod look pretty cool.I just download it but i can't start it.After i install in my HF directory there is no shortcut to start the game.Cna you tell me how to make shortcut myself so i can start it.I tried likethis: "D:\Half Life\hl.exe" -game Natural Selection".What is missing?
Homepage: http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You must be living in a hole or something... o_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder...
What is if you just install the old way from cd and then the mod.
Just for offline gaming, dont this work ?
or do you even need steam now when you dont have web ??

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How would you download the mod then if you're offline and it would be stupid to play by yourself...

Buy the game, its worth it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah what i meant is.
When you have the cd but just dont wanna register with steam. just to play good old WON like.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Due to updates to the HL engine over the years which are only available on steam, many of todays mods will never work right on WON HL
And that is why you need steam.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah ok.
I know WON doesnt exists anymore. i just wondered if you could still install it over cd and play it with mods where are still working for it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah ok.
I know WON doesnt exists anymore. i just wondered if you could still install it over cd and play it with mods where are still working for it.
The first version of Natural Selection was released in 2002 if I remember correctly - the same year Steam was (or maybe it was 2003, I can't recall exactly). So, I'm assuming you'll still need Steam even to play the older versions of Natural Selection.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Right click on the game in your my games list in steam and select create desktop shortcut

Best answers
Right click on the game in your my games list in steam and select create desktop shortcut
That was my point :\ .Natural Selection it isn't in my game list.So i asked how to make my own shortcut with "Right-click on desktop > New > Shortcut.And NOW what should i type in "Type the location of the item:"

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That was my point :\ .Natural Selection it isn't in my game list.So i asked how to make my own shortcut with "Right-click on desktop > New > Shortcut.And NOW what should i type in "Type the location of the item:"
Have you downloaded Half-Life 1 through steam? If so, then install NS in to "Steam\steamapps\username\half-life"

Best answers
Have you downloaded Half-Life 1 through steam? If so, then install NS in to "Steam\steamapps\username\half-life"
Nope.Even Half Life is not in steam.Here is my directory: "D: /Half Life/" That's it.I tried installing half life in steam and then installing NS in half life but it's not working.Now here what i have > "D: /Half Life/Natural Selection/ ".And also Counter strike is there > D: /Half Life/cstrike/ and it's working fine with shortcut like > "D: \Half Life\hl.exe" -nomaster -game cstrike ... NOW WHAT I AM ASKING is how to make the same thing with NS!!!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Nope.Even Half Life is not in steam.Here is my directory: "D: /Half Life/" That's it.I tried installing half life in steam and then installing NS in half life but it's not working.Now here what i have > "D: /Half Life/Natural Selection/ ".And also Counter strike is there > D: /Half Life/cstrike/ and it's working fine with shortcut like > "D: \Half Life\hl.exe" -nomaster -game cstrike ... NOW WHAT I AM ASKING is how to make the same thing with NS!!!
That's not gonna work. Since you are already using steam, activate a and or your half-life key with it and download Half-Life through it. There is simple no other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom