Half-life is BORKED,help me

Best answers
Very simply,my Half-life wont load any games.This happened all of a sudden yesterday,after it had worked fine.i did now change anything.My half-life wont load any games on the server browser thingie.I reinstalled half-life with all patches and then put ESF on it,same problem.

HALF-LIFE SUx0RZ

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To Hitman: Ok, I'm going to assume (or hope at least) that you didn't mean downloading a warrez version of Retail Counter Strike, and perhaps you are just suggesting (perhaps) that he should download such a wonderful modification for half life. I will also assume that you understand those nice little announcements at the top of each of our lovely forums that tells you not to discuss warrez in any shape or form (assumed).

Now, Masta, have you checked your video card drivers? Are you sure you didn't change anything within your system? Perhaps download or install something new that might have played with your configurations? Check your video settings.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is the third thread I read about this, all started by you... I think we all understand now that you hate Half-Life.

Anyhoo... I assume that you completely uninstalled all Half-Life related stuff from your HD before reinstalling? If not, try that. (Don't worry bout stuff getting lost, cause it doesn't work at the moment anyway :p )

Best answers
My half-life is completely legal and store-bought.

I completely uninstalled everything,then patched HL.It loads servers on the server browser slowly,and when i try to join a game it just keeps going down.(IE: 99 seconds,98 seconds,97 seconds)

My video drivers are up to date and have not been touched for 3 weeks.Like i said it WAS working yesterday,but got uber-borked for some reason.I checked my video settings and its how it should be.....this is gettin bad cuz i cant play ESF!

i also tried installing the retail CS and this same problem is happening

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.pcpitstop.com

Go through the full asortment of tests and the online virus scanner and see what you come up with. If your system has been modified in a negative way, PCPitstop might pick it up. It's worth a shot.

Best answers
i tried that,no viruses everything is good.
Reinstalled HL again,same problem.cant join games,but everything else works........im getting pissed:no:

Best answers
Have you installed anything else before HL started to f**k up?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you mean all your mods on half-life? like CS and others? Or is it just ESF?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by ESFMASTAMAN
Very simply,my Half-life wont load any games.This happened all of a sudden yesterday,after it had worked fine.i did now change anything.My half-life wont load any games on the server browser thingie.
It's more than just ESF, to answer your question.

Best answers
Yes i do have a firewall,but its configged to let HL access the internet.This really sucks i cant play any HL mods or Halflife online.I reinstalled halflife like 20 times now.One thing i noticed is that it always remembered my settings,no matter how i tried to delete every single god forbidden half-life file.

Once again my problem is i load server info SLOWLY and i cant connect to any servers,HL or mod,it just keeps going lower in seconds remaining.

If this keeps up im gonna have to quit HL and not see the light of day which is 1.1......man im pissed

HL SUCKS!!!!!!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try narrowing the filter search, sometimes WON can't handle the traffic flow. Does HL single player work fine? More likely than not, it seems like you are having lag problems of some kind. Try using the filters to narrow the game type to the mod you are playing and nothing else. If all else fails, use Gamespy instead of WON.

Best answers
HL singleplayer works,but man am i gonna be mad if i gotta use geh-spy,that crap is FUBAR!
i narrowed it down with has people playing,responding,and ESF mod,

does gamespy support mods?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes.... but don't use it. Search on yahoo for "The All-seeing eye" and you'll get a free program that is 10 x better without advertisements. Everything loads faster, and everything is devided up by individual mods, so you don't have to scan all 50,000 half life servers to find the 30 ESForces servers. Just click the ESForces icon and you're set.

Best answers
how do i make it so it shows every ESF server?

GOD DAMN IT! it says server full or unresponsive everytime.i think im just gonna quit HL IS G-A-Y WHY WONT U WORK?!?!???

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure the server isn't filled to capacity . . .

If you have broadband, make a listen server.

Best answers
listen server? im thinkin of uninstalling,defragging,virus scanning,then reinstalling,should that fix it or is this an internet problem cuz i cant connect?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
internet problem

you still haven't told us things about your comp.

GFX card, sound card, processor, ram, OS etc

just create a game, instread of joining one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom