Half-life / ESF

Best answers
Or Start>(right click)My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>Display Adapters. Sounds complicated but it's not.

Grega you mean Desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Adapters.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope if its geforce than there is a tab called geforce (type of the card)

thats why i asumed the other Nvidia cards have the same

Best answers
Oh i see. I didn't know that. I have Radeon it rocks. I guess it depends on the graphics card. Do you think he could run this in compatability mode maybe? I lost my cd key too... I didn't need my cd key to install the game just to register it with steam and then created a steam account that knows that I registered my game so i can still play it with the disk or just by clicking it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well all you actualy nead is the CD-key

once you have a registerd key with your account you can download HL throo STEAM directly

Best answers
He said he had HL then lost the CD key so if he registerred with steam HL should work... and if he had HL on his computer it should still be there unless he uninstalled it. Couldn't he run it in 16-bit? HL works with earlier versions of windows so if he ran it in compatability mode it should work.

Best answers
agentorange said:
well I was at my friends house and I asked his dad because his dad is a programmer and he said he had that proublem with hl before and it might be that my gfx card is to good. he says that my openGL is proubly alot newer than the one running on half-life.

ANYWHO! how do I 'install the newest drivers"?
i run half life on an ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256mB

Best answers
I too have a Radeon.... windows Xp right? if it is then Start>(right click)My computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>Display Adapters>Right Click on your GFX card>Update Adapter. Then it should search it and update if your internet connection is open.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the best way is to download it from the official site that way you know what you get

(never trust Windows)

Best answers
Grega said:
the best way is to download it from the official site that way you know what you get

(never trust Windows)
Windows rocks though... btw if you get let windows search for it they update automatically and you dont have to choose stuff to go on it it just updates it all it takes like 5 minutes or less.

Best answers
Kasey said:
He said he had HL then lost the CD key so if he registerred with steam HL should work... and if he had HL on his computer it should still be there unless he uninstalled it. Couldn't he run it in 16-bit? HL works with earlier versions of windows so if he ran it in compatability mode it should work.
I did uninstall it, it was on my computer along time ago, but never on steam. I rebought the game and I tried installing with the new disk and it doesnt work. I am going to try to install with the old disk and then use the new cd key.

Best answers
That might work... it should install though make sure you have enough RAM left.
What does it say when try to install it?

Best answers
and suposivly, if this is what the graphics card is located, I have a new one scine the last one I bought...somehow..? anyways its:

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+

I just think thats what is is since thats what was told to do.

Best answers
Your graphics card should be good but you should still update it. When you try to install HL whats it say?

Best answers
I understand that i would need half life 1 but i only have half life 2 and cant get a copy of half life 1 is there any way around this?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your CD key is legit than register it with STEAM

if it says your CD-key is in use than youll nead a new one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom