Half-Life 2?

Best answers
Ok, does anyone know whatever happened to this game. I read, about 2 or 3 years ago that a Half-Life 2 WAS in developement. Valve, has said nothing. Do we even know if they are still alive? Did they create Half-Life, get rich, and flee the gaming seen?

This includes Team Fortress 2. What in the heck is Valve doing? Anybody have information?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that Gearbox went bankrupt or somethin, so they dropped the project!!

Best answers
Originally posted by Antoine3323
WHAT?!?! How can that be possible? What about Valve then?

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Antoine3323
Yeah but..
Even if they did..
Valve would still be around..
Gearbox was the dev. team they dumped OpFor and other side-projects on.

The problem with TF2 is the simple fact that they've either thrown away or lost everything multiple times.

They've tossed everything they worked on at least twice..
They also lost everything due to a virus..a new guy somehow infected their systems and wiped all of their hard drives

So..Who knows where those projects are at...
It's more than likely that Valve is just a One-Hit-Wonder.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think TF2 will come around, but not HL2, since its gonna be up with unreal 2 and doom 3, it would stand no chance what so ever

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think it was the ATI peopel who leakt information about the new pictures (not released) at TF2

Best answers
Originally posted by Tepus
I think TF2 will come around, but not HL2, since its gonna be up with unreal 2 and doom 3, it would stand no chance what so ever
Don't be to sure. Valve has not spoken in almost 3 years. Nobody knows what is going on in there. They could be cooking up the game of the century. They will release it when nobody is expecting it. It will blow Unreal 2 and Doom 3 out of the water. Just my dream.:D

Originally posted by MrMasj
I think it was the ATI peopel who leakt information about the new pictures (not released) at TF2
Man, ATI is not looking good. Wasn't it them who leaked the Doom 3 Alpha as well? Ah well, they always where second best compared to nVidia.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
about ppl saying that valve has done nothing for 3 years.....THEY DID and its called day of defeat, the mode was so good that they (the valve team)teamed up with the dod team for the l8es beta.
and i never heard about HL2, and TF2 i think was a myth they always said that they will releace it but they never did :(

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
baisicly Valve died... besides the odd tkaing over a mod they haven't released anything good in awhile... HL Rock sure but they had to many troubles in the past and have given up. HL 2 is not likely and don't expedt. TF 2 as Chimp said it was ruined so many times they have baisicly lost hope on that project.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
really dod was made partially by valve never knew that but i hope a HL2 will come out but i doubt it will happen

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um what about Counter-Strike: Condition Zero? Isn't valve making that?

Best answers
no valve let soemone else mak eit i forgot who lemme get it

*EDIT* here this is from the preview

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. Developed by the brilliant minds at Gearbox Software

Best answers
valve, did not die, nor did gearbox.

Firstly, valve has NEVER announced half-life 2, thus, all information about it, is completely incorrect.

Secondly, vavle, are not bankrupt, thats just another myth someone made up, because it appeared they werent doing anything.

Thridly, TF2, is live, and IS being worked on, however, there is only 2 people working on it :) (yahn being one who definately is) (it's using the havok physics engine www.havok.com, the same engine that is used in theif3, dues ex 2, and others, put simply, it's the best around)

how do i know? why thats simple, i know people who work for valve and gearbox.

so, dont belive what you read, cuz it's lies :p

EDIT: oh, and if gearbox went bankrupt, (which they didnt), why would they still be making and porting games? :)

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Tepus
HL still sells tons of copies around the world and it is like 3 years old. HL 2 (if the story is good like HL1) will only dominate the market.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It need to have a engine thats easy to make modifications on to

and its 4 years old...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom