Half-Life 2 has officially gone gold!

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Can't put it back now, especially considering PC Zone (British Gaming Magazine) have already reviewed it.

97% if anyone is curious, and for PC Zone that's god-like. :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pc gamer and pc format both gave it 96% too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay, this 16th!

Glad to finally see it has gone Gold, what edition is everyone planning on getting? I'm hoping to get Collectors.

Best answers
Engar said:
Can't put it back now, especially considering PC Zone (British Gaming Magazine) have already reviewed it.

97% if anyone is curious, and for PC Zone that's god-like. :D
they would have given it more if HL2 it's self had Multiplayer enstead of shunting people to play CS: S and DOD: S

Best answers
Well they have said this thing before (and frankly i dont know wtf going gold means)
Just give us the friggin game, gold or not.
What did you expect form the magazines, they prolly got a good payoff for the nice rating ;)
HL2 will just be another shoot-whats-moving game, only i think more realistic.

Best answers
Oh boy,

ohboy ohboy ohboy ohboy!

Im planning on getting collectors, from my local store.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Did you play the original Half-Life? o_O

Maybe it wasn't the ultimate game in the world but it made a better bid for a realistic, story-driven game than most. And according to PC Zone - I don't know how how American Magazines work but I trust Zone and Gamer - it's outdone the last game in story, atmosphere and pretty much everything else.

I suggest you take another look at the E3 movies - assuming you ever did - before belittling Half-Life 2 as a 'shoot-anything-that-moves' game. Believe what you want, but if you play the game with that in mind you're missing a lot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and frankly i dont know wtf going gold means
It means the publishers have got the game all ready, set, packaged, ready to ship. It'll take a few days to get all the copies distributed to the stores worldwide, but after that, it's all ours. November's never looked brighter.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When software "goes gold", it means it has finished its testing stage and is sent to the publisher/producer (in HL2's case, Vivendi Universal) to be duplicated and boxed for retail.

Has anyone heard anything about the possible legal battle on Steam distribution ammount to anything that could delay a November release?

EDIT: Curses, you explained "going gold" while I was typing my explanation. =P

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Texas said:
Well they have said this thing before (and frankly i dont know wtf going gold means)
Just give us the friggin game, gold or not.
When a game goes gold it means it is finished and ready to be put on cds and dvds to be shipped. There is no more work to be done on the game after it goes gold.

Best answers
Thanks thanks got it got it :D :D

Exept for patches the day after release fixing loads of bugs (liek BF1942 lol) but i hope that wont happen :D

I have actually played original HL for about an hour before it got boring -_-

Well unless they have added expeirience points and skills in, i dont se the difference from others, apart form the tremendously improved graphics and the all-time classic plot of "get to the final boss name (insertnamehere) killing hordes of (namehere) and (insertname) on (insertsomething) that came from (insertsomething) because you just feel in the mood of it(or because you have to releace the HL2 enginel lol) or whatever reason they think up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry DragonDude and Hsu. :D

I heard about the legal battle, was it Vivendi and Valve? Something about Steam being a better way of publishing and cutting Vivendi out of some of the potential customers. (anyone who buys through Steam) Hopefully that's been resolved, if not, they have til November 16th to settle their differences. I think Valve should just pay Vivendi a percentage of their Steam sales, but not everyone (VALVE) thinks that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Texas said:
Well unless they have added expeirience points and skills in, i dont se the difference from others
You do know that HL2 is an FPS, not an RPG, right? -_-''
Maybe it's a good idea to read some previews ;)

Ontopic:
w00t!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Takes Deep Breath*

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
Has anyone heard anything about the possible legal battle on Steam distribution ammount to anything that could delay a November release?
Legal battle is delayed until after release so the release isn't delayed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AHAHHAHAHHAHA H!!!!

(This is probably the most emotion you have ever seen me show)

THE DAY HAS COME! WE HAVE BEEN BLESSED!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Only one step remains and my Madness will be complete!!!!!

*Starts twitching uncontrolably from pure joy*

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Texas said:
Well unless they have added expeirience points and skills in, i dont se the difference from others, apart form the tremendously improved graphics and the all-time classic plot of "get to the final boss name (insertnamehere) killing hordes of (namehere) and (insertname) on (insertsomething) that came from (insertsomething) because you just feel in the mood of it(or because you have to releace the HL2 enginel lol) or whatever reason they think up.
Welcome to every FPS.... Go play an RPG if that's what you want. If you're looking for exp and skill points, HL2 is not the right place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom