Half-Life 2 has officially gone gold!

Best answers
Wow, Halo 2 the 9th and then this the 16th

My grades are going to take a dive

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engar said:
Did you play the original Half-Life? o_O

Maybe it wasn't the ultimate game in the world but it made a better bid for a realistic, story-driven game than most. And according to PC Zone - I don't know how how American Magazines work but I trust Zone and Gamer - it's outdone the last game in story, atmosphere and pretty much everything else.

I suggest you take another look at the E3 movies - assuming you ever did - before belittling Half-Life 2 as a 'shoot-anything-that-moves' game. Believe what you want, but if you play the game with that in mind you're missing a lot.
Yeah, true...but if you want to break it down far enough, what else happens that's interactive? You listen to people talk? Stuff breaks and falls? You "drive" a vehicle (which is still shooting)?

HL2 will definitely be great, no doubts, and I'm buying that **** on release no questions asked, but I still fail to see it's supposed innovations. Either way I'm going to love the whole "urban combat" feel of it. But at heart that will still be shooting things--not that there's anything wrong with that, in my opinion.

So...is it REALLY coming out in November or what?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Welcome to every FPS.... Go play an RPG if that's what you want. If you're looking for exp and skill points, HL2 is not the right place.

You could Replay Deus Ex as well.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woo. That means I get to see more screencaps and thats about it :p Maybe one of my friends will buy it and I can play it once or twice :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Yeah, true...but if you want to break it down far enough, what else happens that's interactive? You listen to people talk? Stuff breaks and falls? You "drive" a vehicle (which is still shooting)?

HL2 will definitely be great, no doubts, and I'm buying that **** on release no questions asked, but I still fail to see it's supposed innovations. Either way I'm going to love the whole "urban combat" feel of it. But at heart that will still be shooting things--not that there's anything wrong with that, in my opinion.

So...is it REALLY coming out in November or what?
YES. REALLY.

I'm as excited as everyone else. Can't wait to finally take the Manipulator for a spin :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope somebody makes a mod where the manipulator works on bodies.

Best answers
Arthos said:
I hope somebody makes a mod where the manipulator works on bodies.
hahahah that would own. just fling bodies everywhere.......
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I unashamedly played the leaked alpha and it is much more interactive than any FPS you've ever played. Since then the game has been rebuilt and the code has been improved over and over, things could've only got better.

I'm not going to say anything more as it's technically a 'ware' but the manipulator gun is both a good weapon and an excellent tool, as well as great fun. There are several puzzles that require it to be used skillfully, and it means you can interact with everything more, like Deus Ex had you picking up and playing around with everything, Half-Life 2 takes it a step further. It will not dissapoint. :yes::yes:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The manipulator does work on bodies, just not living bodies.

Also, the only innovation in half life 2 is the physics and the way they are manipulated. That's it. It'll just be an FPS with realistic physics and fun screwing with said physics. You can't go wrong with that.

Best answers
Have anyone preloaded halflife2 ? Im preloading it right now but somewhy its stuck on 42 % and when i press continue it doesnt start.. anyone tried something similary?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I unashamedly played the leaked alpha and it is much more interactive than any FPS you've ever played.
Because you can throw boxes and corpses?

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Because the game actually uses the Physics engine in it's puzzles - forcing the player to at least try to think outside the box. Rather than just making pretty death effects, which is how most seem to describe it. o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom