Half-life 2 at E3

Best answers
I'll tell you after playing half-life since it's release it has always been a good game. I never get sick of the singleplayer, even tho I know the ending. It's still fun. With the mods, it is even more fun :)

Hl2 has to run off of mods, or valve's franchise is compromised. The only thing I dont want to see is that HL2's engine is like doom 2's. Imagine Doom2, it will rock but think about it...it's made for mindblowing graphics. Most people do not have the money to spend so much money to upgrade their computers just to run it decently.

If HL2's engine is like that, then the franchise will die, because what made HL so good is the software mode. Sometimes I like software mode better than opengl. Also is that it has such good graphics and models that you can have high quality stuff in software without needing to have a super computer. I was able to play with great ease on my p2 32 meg ram computer. No glitches or run-downs. That is another thing that made HL a winner. I hope that they keep in mind of the lower class community here... nowadays my computer is a super computer but I still remember having that crappy computer and to play such a awesome game on a crappy computer very well.....was a godsend.

I hope they don't mislead and forget that the mods, the community, the price, and the way it can run on virtually any machine made it so popular..

Best answers
Hostile, according to the article at cs-nation it will run on the new HL2 engine, it could be wrong though. I personally haven't seen anything from the CS:CZ since Valve scraped everything gearbox did, so in theory they could have this new company working with the new engine, i do know that all the gearbox work was with the original HL engine. Yes, Valve would be insanely stupid if they didn't make mod support as good as or even better than it is with HL1.

Best answers
Is HL2 on the Havoc engine? A mate just told me that on the official Havoc engine site, Valve is one of their clients..

V'

Best answers
Im not familer with this engine. What games have been made on it and what is thier website?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i doubt hl2 will be as popular as hl

i mean its pritty much exactly like tribes 2

tribes was fun but then they said lets make it even better and made t2 but it just wasnt as good

if they would of just stuck with tribes and updated it they would of had a bigger player base

Best answers
Off-topic: First-off, Tribes 2 was a great game. The reason it flopped was because it had a little bad rep with some people. Later on, Dynamix was disbanded and everyone in it was fired from Sierra so Vivendi could save money, so there were no more patches to fix the ever growing problems of Tribes 2, such as the infamous UE (Unhandled Exception Error). When Sierra realized they had to get the former Dynamix (who became GarageGames) back to create patches for Tribes 2, the player base and community was growing smaller and smaller.
It still is a great game, with tons more potential than many FPS shooters even to date. The vehicles were cool, the huge maps (some were 2 kilometers from each base), the jetpack, skiing ability, different armor types and weapons made Tribes 2 and incredible game. Not too mention that it has some of the best netcode for any multiplayer team game. A ping of 300 wasnt nearly as bad in Tribes 2 as it is in CS.
I'd urge everyone to at least check out Tries 2, it was rereleased a while back for ten dollars. It's worth your money!
On-topic: I doubt HL2 will end up like Tribes 2. HL has an incredible mod base, so if mods are easily portable to HL2, that'll just add to its fire. HL2 will probably as easily moddable if not more than HL, because that's one of the most appealing things about HL. I can see HL2 extending the HL regime another few years after it gets released.

**edit**- Max Payne 2 is being made on the Havok engine if im not mistaken. Other than that, I haven't heard much of that engine.

Best answers
HL 2 wont support mods? but the only reason HL is so successful is that it has so many mods. The actual game of HL is pretty sh!t.

Best answers
:eek: how dare you! The single player pwned! the first 1000x anyway...

Best answers
I haven't seen anything saying that it won't support mods. It would be awefully stupid of them, mods are what has kept HL alive this long. Also, the singleplayer was great, Gordon Freeman is the pimp.

Best answers
guys have you seen the scans before pcgamer asked phl to take them down? remarkable. I was in awe the soldier looked so real . Perhaps tf 2 will be released with hl 2 as a free download or with the patch. It would be great if that happened =).

Best answers
Sorry about double-post but I wanna keep these pictures nice and ordered.

I just found more! :D these are AWESOME!

VIDEO GAME HISTORY IN THE MAKING BABY!

Best answers
I never did finish Half-Life single player. Maybe I'll do that this summer?

Best answers
Ah, damn, I think the pics have been taken down... good thing I have em on my HD already >:)

Best answers
september 30th its comming out. magazine scan i read the release daye . For an esf question here it goes (it may be obvious) but since hl2 is comming out this year, and ive heard is way more mod friendly (for example if your making a map and making a floor all you have to do is texture the floor and sounds will automatically be placed there depending i.e texture the floor as metal it will sound like metal automatically). also since all of your maps are outdoor and hl2 is also going to focus on outdoor urban life, will you be converting esf to hl 2 in the future?. I heard its very flexible system wise a (700 mhz with a dx6 card can run it so ive heard). with animation and new technology and yow know the fan base will be huge , why not? =)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
my 50 cents..

CS:Condition Zero wont use HL or HL2 engine. Who said it will use the HL engine ? LOL

Best answers
actualy developers did. They are using highly tweaked hl engine hell even csnation said it. ill find it somewhere

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyone else think the alein looks alot like somthing on Star ship troopers :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be ungodly great if ESF were ported to this. I would gladly wait even five years to see them escape the HL engine's limitations and give us a truly phenomenal game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom