Best answers
Same thread name o_O Suspicious XD

Epyon_Slayer?

In any case cant wait to see the trailer XD

And it better be good. They are wotking on this thing for over 6 years :laff:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I've got balls of steel.

I'm going to to rip off your head, and **** down your neck.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Eat **** and die.

**** I love you for posting this. I just **** bricks.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Read it on ModDB already .. can't wait :D

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm waiting for this to be canceled... sorry, just not optimistic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That character model isn't really up to par with what we've been seeing from things like Crysis and even Gears of War. But it should be okay as long as the gameplay is fun.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That character model isn't really up to par with what we've been seeing from things like Crysis and even Gears of War. But it should be okay as long as the gameplay is fun.
Just because a game gets released doesn't mean everything else that comes out later has to surpass it o.o

Best answers
Probably not.

But you know, it's Duke, your bound to be psyched about this.. It's like when Tommy became the white ranger after he had gone away when he was green.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because a game gets released doesn't mean everything else that comes out later has to surpass it o.o
I'm not saying it should be the next Crysis, all I'm saying is that it doesn't look up to par to some of the other games we've been seeing lately.

But it's not surprising considering the fact that they've adapted and then abandoned several engines over the course of DN:F's development. You can't expect uber graphics when they're running an older engine.

That said, I'm not entirely sure that this is an older engine. It might be an adaptation of the Unreal 3 engine, but I'm not sure. However, history has taught us that games that spend so much time in development do usually release on outdated engines, at which point their graphics are sub-par compared to other games that release at the same time.

If it weren't for the fact that this game uses the Duke license, I think it would be completely overlooked by most gamers. There are so many shooters on the market right now, even for consoles, that every new shooter that's released pretty much needs to have a gimmick or feature that the others don't in order to keep them interesting and unique. While DN:F looks interesting with its vehicular combat, Doom 3-esque display interaction and a few other things we've seen before in other games, I have not yet seen anything that leads me to believe this game is going to be all too unique. I think DN:F will attract the eyes of gamers not only because of its features, but mostly because of its license, because many PC gamers still think fondly of the Duke.

I hope they can pull off a fun game. I'm not a graphics whore by any means, but it's hard to overlook it when a shooter comes out for PC that doesn't look as good as its competition. Especially on PC, where graphics matter more than on consoles. It doesn't look bad, not at all, but it's not up to par with some other recent examples.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't care 'bout expectations. I just want to play it, and hopefully throw cash at strippers while firing my RPG in some alien's mouth.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hope for the best, expect the worst. I can't wait for it either, but I'm not optimistic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just hope they play it clever and just cram it to buggery with content and fun situations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same here. I absolutely loved Duke3D. I still randomly spew some of the Duke's lines, whenever appropriate, but mostly whenever inappropriate, my favorite being "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all outta gum." It's just a shame that, living in a country where English isn't the primary language, people don't really get what it means aside from the part about kicking ass. :p

I really want this game to be good. Duke 3D-good. But I fear the worst, after having seen what some games become like after such a long development time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just hope it's Duke. At the very least it should have some good alien smashing.

*plays the Megadeth Duke Nukem theme* \m/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom