H1N1 Virus your thoughts?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I personaly think it's being way too "overhyped". The only people who should be worried are high priority. For the non-highrisk people it's not such a big deal, sure people healthy people even die from it but regular flu also kills why should this be any diffrent? I would just like to hear you guys opinions.

P.S if you get the vaccine that makes it even less bad for the high-risk people so why worry in general? Sure they may still get it but not as bad.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want to catch it, theres a few people I want to sneeze on

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem is that all people are high risk, that's why its so hyped up, people have died while they were in the prime of there life from it. It being "over hyped" is to make people vigilant and more aware, just need to use your head and not be scared by the publicity, but be informed.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to get sick so I won't have to go to school.
I think you're psycho if you want to get the swine flu just to stay out of school for a week or two.

--

It's pretty much impossible to get the swine flu if you take care of yourself properly, so I'm not all that worried about it.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I think you're psycho if you want to get the swine flu just to stay out of school for a week or two.

--

It's pretty much impossible to get the swine flu if you take care of yourself properly, so I'm not all that worried about it.

Then I'll just have to go out in the morning when the temperature is under 0 degrees Celsius half naked, with my head wet and wait. I will either die or get some sort of flu.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go ahead.

As for the swine flu, it's just like Damaera said. If you are cautious you have a high chance of not getting sick.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Many people are going to laugh, but my thoughts tell me that it was a lab made decease. No, I don't play Resident Evil to much. The fact is that the truth is right in front of us: Some years ago, the bird flu "H5N1" appeared in China (I think) and killed 172 people in all the world. What was the first best cure to appear? Tamiflu. The US and EU governments spent millions and billions buying the tamiflu injection, and at that timenot even a person had died in the US.

Just a thought, do you know how many people die from the normal flu every year in the world? over 4000. I'm not making this up.

Some years later the H1N1 comes up in Mexico (another 3rd world country were s**t can happen without a trace), and what is the best cure in the market? Tamiflu. Again millions and billions were spent on Tamiflu.

idk about you, but in my country, every time someone officially gets infected by the swine-flu, the news don't speak nothing but the swine-flu for 2~3~4 days.

I feel people are being toyed with, of course it's just my theory.

And btw, in Australia, Tamiflu was forbidden because it caused death to several people there.

Last edited:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Many people are going to laugh, but my thoughts tell me that it was a lab made decease.
No.

The fact is that the truth is right in front of us: Some years ago, the bird flu "H5N1" appeared in China (I think) and killed 172 people in all the world.
As of the latest report (September 24, 2009) from the WHO, there are 442 confirmed cases of H5N1. And of those 442 confirmed cases, 262 were deaths.

Source: http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/country/cases_table_2009_09_24/en/index.html

What was the first best cure to appear? Tamiflu. The US and EU governments spent millions and billions buying the tamiflu injection, and at that timenot even a person had died in the US.
Tamiflu isn't a cure, it's both a preventive measure and treatment for the influenza virus. And, if I remember correctly, it was only one of a handful of vaccines that were funded at the time.

Just a thought, do you know how many people die from the normal flu every year in the world? over 4000. I'm not making this up.
According to the CDC website: 200,000 people on average are hospitalized for flu-related complications while 36,000 on average die from flu-related causes each year in the United States.

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/

According to the WHO website: there are on average 3-5 million cases of severe illness related to the flu and on average 250,000-500,000 deaths related to the flu each year worldwide.

Source: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs211/en/index.html

Some years later the H1N1 comes up in Mexico (another 3rd world country were s**t can happen without a trace), and what is the best cure in the market? Tamiflu. Again millions and billions were spent on Tamiflu.
See my previous reply regarding Tamiflu.

idk about you, but in my country, every time someone officially gets infected by the swine-flu, the news don't speak nothing but the swine-flu for 2~3~4 days.
Considering the seriousness of the situation, that's not unusual.

And btw, in Australia, Tamiflu was forbidden because it caused death to several people there.
Provide sources.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No what? I made some numerical mistakes. I saw this some months ago, hope it's enough for you.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9epqeVOSrY[/ame]

Could not find subtitle so hope you understand spanish like I do. Or try finding it subtitled

Last edited:
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just another reason aliens can't land on our planet... our flu works even faster now.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No what? I made some numerical mistakes.
You were off by 32,000 and 246,000-496,000. That's a pretty bad "numerical" mistake considering what you're claiming.

Either way, information regarding influenza is readily available online at the CDC and WHO websites.

I saw this some months ago, hope it's enough for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9epqeVOSrY

Could not find subtitle so hope you understand spanish like I do. Or try finding it subtitled
I don't understand Spanish, but I'm guessing it's a YouTube conspiracy theory video.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You were off by 32,000 and 246,000-496,000. That's a pretty bad "numerical" mistake considering what you're claiming.

Either way, information regarding influenza is readily available online at the CDC and WHO websites.

I don't understand Spanish, but I'm guessing it's a YouTube conspiracy theory video.
Yes it was a pretty bad "numerical" mistake, I'm human, that usually happens with us.

Anyways, if you didn't see the video don't make fast conclusions, the video is not a theory, it only shows facts, so people can make their own conclusions. And I did mine.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Jesus. People are behaving like this "swine flu" is the next tuberculosis.

Guess what, people. It's a VIRAL disease. Virii are indestructible, and yet, just about every viral disease is curable (with the exception of AIDS and a few others), and there's only one way to fight it; strengthening your body's immune system and expelling the virii from your body. It's influenza, for god's sake. If you get the flu, guess what; STAY IN BED! Don't go to work/school/college/anything else until you're healthy, and it can't hurt you.

I know cases of people dying from severe exhaustion caused by the flu, because they were working 10-12 hours a day while suffering from it, plus all the stuff they do after work (get groceries, pick up kids, etc). From ordinary influenza. These people that died "in their prime" from the virus, didn't die from the virus; They died from not knowing to take care of themselves.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jesus. People are behaving like this "swine flu" is the next tuberculosis.

Guess what, people. It's a VIRAL disease. Virii are indestructible, and yet, just about every viral disease is curable (with the exception of AIDS and a few others), and there's only one way to fight it; strengthening your body's immune system and expelling the virii from your body. It's influenza, for god's sake. If you get the flu, guess what; STAY IN BED! Don't go to work/school/college/anything else until you're healthy, and it can't hurt you.

I know cases of people dying from severe exhaustion caused by the flu, because they were working 10-12 hours a day while suffering from it, plus all the stuff they do after work (get groceries, pick up kids, etc). From ordinary influenza. These people that died "in their prime" from the virus, didn't die from the virus; They died from not knowing to take care of themselves.
Well said man. It's true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom