H.264 Codec

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I downloaded a movie the other day, but I haven't been able to play it in any media player installed on my computer. Apparently, it needs the H.264 codec, but I haven't been able to find it. Quicktime was supposed to have it, but it couldn't play the file.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I downloaded a movie the other day, but I haven't been able to play it in any media player installed on my computer. Apparently, it needs the H.264 codec, but I haven't been able to find it. Quicktime was supposed to have it, but it couldn't play the file.
You what? You downloaded a movie omfg banned!!!!!!! /ragequit

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You what? You downloaded a movie omfg banned!!!!!!! /ragequit
By movie, I mean video. It was a video someone made when they were playing Battlefield 2142.

Use this: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Its always played all of my movies, even if I haven't had the codec Installed, Like DivX/Xvid And anything else.
I've tried using VLC, but it only plays the audio of that movie.

I couldn't find anything on Google, but I'll look through it again, and I'll look through the first link.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything is supposed to work once you dl any of the super codec packages.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Download the newest version of FFDshow (usually included in the DefilerPak) and that should take care of your problem.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"To decode use a recent build of FFDShow or a player that supports H.264 internally - like MPlayer (there are few interesting frontends for Windows: MPlayerUI, MPlayer Frontend) and VLC (VideoLAN Client)."

First line of the first link I sent D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom