Gundam Seed: Destiny

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Old. Very old I bet. But I just finished watching the series for the first time.

I thought Gundam Seed was awesome, especially after watching Gundam Wing (the Gundams were cool but the story just seemed all over the place and the action wasn't too stylish. Waltz made up for that a bit though).

I had gotten the Destiny Gundam model after playing Gundam v.s Gundam for PSP, to compliment my Burning (God) Gundam model. So I decided to watch SEED and then SEED DESTINY.

They could not have made the final battle any more anti-climatic. (spoilers)

SEED's battle had me gaping at the drama and Kira's fight with Rau (sp?) The final killing blow was awesome. The events leading up to it were also purposeful and entertaining to watch.

DESTINY started out interesting (the kid looks at his dismembered family and listens to his dead sister's voice mail on her cell phone frequently. Jesus). But I began to get irritated when Stella started a relationship with Shin. I hated her and almost hated Shin for feeling sympathetic when she destroyed an entire city with a Destroy Gundam due to shell shock. After she dies, I knew Shin would develop more angst (and I really wanted to like him). His fight with the Freedom was awesome, but the story was kind of aimless. Going after the Earth Federation, or Orb, or the Archangel...Got confusing sometimes, and then began to drag out.

Character development, though Athren had some, was very static. At the end, Shin still seems naive and clueless. And I was certainly pissed to see the minimum action coming from Destiny Gundam. Most of his fights were reused animations, while Impulse and Freedom pulled off awesome fights.

Ah well. G Gundam is still my favorite. What did you think of SEED/DESTINY?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion. Seen was a poor atempt at trying to remake the originall U.C. storyline.

I mean Gundam see follows the originall Gundam storyline allmost to a dot with the exeption that the gundams are overpowered. Not to mention what the hell is that whole thing of "Me alone against 2 friggin armies and all im doing is destroying their weapons but i myself dont get a scratch"

Or maybe when freedom blew up in destiny. As far as i recall Freedom had a nuclear powerplant. How in gods name did kira get away with no scratches from such a powerfull explosion.

So here is my opinion on the series (only the ones i watched though)

Gundam U.C. storyline >>>> Gundam 00 >> Gundam Wing >>>> Gundam Seed storyline

Though thats only storywhise. Wing was original and had nice plot twist. Allso there was some interesting character development. Where Kira was nothing more than a copy of Amuro Ray.

Not to mention Strike was preety much a copy of the original Gundam including the fact that it can be assembled from 2 gundam parts and a core fighter. Though i will give them credits for designing him as a multi pourpouse suit that has different configurations for different assemblys.

As for the final killing hit. Nothing beats the Amuro VS Char fights. I mean char having to eject in the fighter pod from its gundam after the final collision with Amuro who gives chase to that pod while his suit had the primary camera destroyed (gundams head lost) along with an arm blown off inside an asteroid base. Char striking from an ambush but beeing detected by Amuros new type (the thing coordinators were based off) abilities and his pod blown up (though char escaped), while the white base was destroyed and the crew fleeing in an escape pod before whe whole friggin asteroid bles up. And that was just part of the action since that asteroid was the final showdown place betwean the EFSF and the Zeon army.

Not to mention the Gundam in the original series was made less overpowered. It was defenitly a superior mobile suit, but it was in constant repair allmost after every fight. A large portion of its combat abilities was given to Amuros new type abilities.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair, I never saw the original Gundam series, so I probably have gotten used to the over powered Gundam style. 0083's Gundams are probably the most "fair" type of Gundams I've seen so far.

And I completely forgot about how Kira escaped a nuclear explosion haha. Superior ****pit? Deus Ex Machina?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They never say how he escapes. Hes just tehre without a scratch when they Rescue Athrun gets rescued. I call it a plothole.

BTW original gundam universe FTW -> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnjKKOb_G-k[/ame]

BTW you said 0083 thats part of the UC storyline. It spans from 0079 up to Victory gundam that takes place in UC 0153 so nearly 100 years after the UC 0079, the creation of the first suit named Gundam and the 1 year war along with the first discovery of newtypes.

V-Gundam was allso the final chapter of the original UC univers. After that they started to work on alternative reality gundam series.

Last edited:
Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to mention Strike was preety much a copy of the original Gundam including the fact that it can be assembled from 2 gundam parts and a core fighter. Though i will give them credits for designing him as a multi pourpouse suit that has different configurations for different assemblys.
All they did was copy victory gundam from the UC saga for the multi purpose suits. Nothing in seed was original. Dragoon system = Fin Funnels, Seed power = Newtype abilities, archangel = whitebase and albion from the original mobile suit gundam.

G Gundam, Gundam X and Gundam 00 are really the only 3 that were equal too the Universal Century Saga's in my opinion anyways.

Really you need to go find the original mobile suit gundam episodes and then Zeta Gundam and after watching those 2 series watch Char's Counter Attack which is a 2 hour movie that grega spoiled for you unfortunately and you will see the best 3 of the gundam saga's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom