Gunbuster 2!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just watched the first 5 episodes of this 6 ep OVA by Gainax, and this show just floored me, it's a great watch.

Instead of describing it, i'll just send you to animenfo, http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1418,nilpyb,top_wo_nerae_2.html

Now, there does seem to be a Gunbuster before this, but i'm 99% sure it's story isn't really in line with this one, same universe and stuff, but not needed to watch the sequel. Anyways, the storyline is very enganging, the character designs are top-notch (Which is a given, I mean it's made by Gainax, Evangelion and FLCL anyone?), the animation is absolutely stupendous, voice acting is great, and everything is just fantastic.

Now, I must warn you, I'm not sure how it works, but I think that every episode comes out on DVD or something every couple of months. So unfortunately, the 6th and final episode isn't out yet. Lunar's releases of this show seem to be every 5 months or so though, so I'm expecting the next one will come out somewhere around November. If anybody has some actual concrete info on the next episode's release, It would be great if you could announce it.

Either way, go watch this show now, I assure you it will be worth your time. Oh, and to sum it up nice and easy, this show gives a very FLCL vibe, so if you liked that, I 100% guarantee you will like Gunbuster 2.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
Either way, go watch this show now, I assure you it will be worth your time. Oh, and to sum it up nice and easy, this show gives a very FLCL vibe, so if you liked that, I100% guarantee you will like Gunbuster 2.
<3 Checking it out =O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GunBuster was and is my favorite anime of all time.

GunBuster 2 is a close second.

There's something about the two shows that gets my heart pumping and really pulls me into the story, and make me wish with my entire being that the characters will pull through in the end.

I also loved how they re-used some of GunBuster's music, like the GunBuster theme.
The first time Nonoriri appears as a Buster Machine, with that song playing in the background.. holy ****, that almost sent me through the roof.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The almighty Cuc appreciates GunBuster?

+10 Admiration. o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom