Gun Made from PS7

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, this took me a long time. but i was just testing my skills. dont think im some gun obsessed freak cause im not. i just always tried to drawl one, so i thought maybe i can just make one in PS7. so i did, and tell me what you think. and there is one more thing i would like to add, i did not use any filters or actions, just poly drawl tool and a fill buckett. thats it. and here it is:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool, you used a tutorial though didn't you. And the back part of the gun is like sticking out too far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope......sure didnt. i had a referance pic and a blank image. thats it. i looked at the shapes of the gun and made them overlayed them and thats it. but thanks for telling me there are gun tuts.

Update:

well i went back to my ref and noticed my gun was a little out of proportion, so fixed some things on it. take look, and C&C is greatly appreciated:

And just for fun:

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't see anything wrong about the gun to criticise it, looking good. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what, no one like my gun!!! im sad:(. any more critz. and thanks smurf and groovy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the gun looks sweet, nice work.
but it looks kinda ugleh in that guys hand :p
doesnt really fit

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no it doesnt. it was just for fun.lol, it sure does look funny. [lmao]

Retired
Best answers
dont like the bevel and emboss...could have been a bit shinier or better looking imo. I think the shape is ok

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p, well i tried. this is my first attempt and maybe my last casue that was just plain hard to do.

Best answers
Well Photoshop isn't exactly the ideal tool for making vector based art. For a first try you did a good job. There are some serious proportion issues, so were you to continue I'd suggest you take some measurements to add to the authenticity. I'm going out on a limb, but it looks like it's supposed to be a Colt 1911. You could clear up the uncertainty with a few guidlines during the construction process. I agree that the bevel/emboss makes it look plastic-ish. You get a lot more variation with just the airbrush/paintbrush tools. You may also consider distressing the metal to make it look more "used." Stick with it though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
great, yet another art pro. well suggestions sound good i actually understood all of it [hehe]. and i agree it does look like plastic. but it is my first try and i really dont do that well with the airbrush but i will try. thanks for the suggestions.

Best answers
neoboy said:
great, yet another art pro. well suggestions sound good i actually understood all of it [hehe]. and i agree it does look like plastic. but it is my first try and i really dont do that well with the airbrush but i will try. thanks for the suggestions.
Well hopefully, soon to be art pro. I'm still amateur all around right now. I dig what you're saying though. The airbrush is unweildy when you first pick it up. Everything is difficult in the beginning. Once you show it who's boss the airbrush will do good things for you.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The texture is almost perfect (a little smudgey and unrealistic) other than that... the barrell needs to be a bit longer (proportions)

6/10

Best answers
i think its ok, its not sexy but it is very stylish. nice gun choice, but if you could possibly clean it up abit more with some brightness and gloss then it would be more appealing..

Also, the screws on the handle of th gun are abit too big and the black line down the middle of it looks rather tacky : (

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omg, photoshop 7 -_-''

n-yway, looks good, i like it, it does has a plastic looks , as everyone said, i like it. gj.
the only crit i have is that the trigger is not that smooth, for the rest it looks good.

7/10

Bolteh2

B
the gun looks too flat, give it some depth

and the naruto picture is bad -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom