Guitar Competition: What To Play

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well im entering a "competition of guitarists" so to speak, but im having a real hard time trying to decide what song to play so i was hoping you guys could help me decide or give me a good suggestion

so far i have it singled too:
1.Summer Song Or Crushing Day by Joe Satriani
2.Crazy Train Or Mr. Crowley by Ozzy Osbourne
3.Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson
4.Eruption by Eddie Van Halen
5.For the love of God by Steve Vai (which i know zeo would like)

eh, those are basically the best songs i can play if you guys can help me decide or give me a good suggestion i will love you forever

btw, 2nd and 3rd place prizes are bragging rights and 1st place is a Gibson Les Paul so if you make a suggestion i hope its a good one

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My suggestion: Play what you like.

That's what I do. And if you win, it means you won because of me, and i get that guitar. Or else *shakes fist*

::EDIT::

Actually before I give you advice; I've never been in a guitar comp. before. so what are the requirements of winning? I don't play for competition i play for the fun of it. But I'm assuming it's on how well you play songs. Well, in which case, my suggestion still stands, play what you like to play.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Steve Vai - Eugene's Trick Bag

lol good luck with that one

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually before I give you advice; I've never been in a guitar comp. before. so what are the requirements of winning? I don't play for competition i play for the fun of it. But I'm assuming it's on how well you play songs. Well, in which case, my suggestion still stands, play what you like to play.
well it really depends, they post the rules themselves (which usually ammounts to either playing your own song or playing an existing)

in this case i have to play any song i like by anyone and they judge you by many things such as creativity (mostly shown by improvising during songs), passion, musical quality, and speed. basically all the things that make a good guitarist. 3 judges watch for all of that and score you but theyve shown how harsh they were, in scoring, after one judge took 3 points off because the guitarist playing used pick slides a little to much

thats the basics it goes into some more detail i believe, but the problem im having is i love all those songs but i can only play one then i have to have another for backup incase of a tie

Steve Vai - Eugene's Trick Bag

lol good luck with that one
eh, any song can be conquered with enough practice

that being said im gonna go download that

Best answers
Just play whatever song seems to have meaning for you. IT's about emotion and feeling.. If you like a song and think you can play it better than anything anybody else could do, then do it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Screw what you want to play, just play Cliffs of Dover because it's the coolest song ever made. Simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom