Guitar amp help :P

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hello :D

I was wondering if there are some guitar players who could give some advice on an guitar combo amp ?
If anyone knows some amps which is good quality and can play loud, please let me know :p
I'm in seriously need of an good amp !

Thanks in advance :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how much do you have to spend, and what sound are you after?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well depends on what you want to play really.

If you are looking for an all rounder that sounds good but not really the best i suggest getting a line 6. There is better stuff out there but line 6 is cheaper XD

If you are willing to spend some more cash than maybe a Huggies & Ketner or a Marshal ^^

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I have thought of a Randall 100 W. because I'm play pretty heavy music :p
The price is indifferent, I'll buy it no matter what :p But It cannot be over 100 W, because then some in my house would be pissed off xD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you even know how loud 100w amps are.

I have a 75W Line6 amp and i cant play it in my house cause its to loud

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I am fully aware of how loud a 100 W is :p
I also need it for concerts :p

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggest a Vox if you're looking for loud and the ability to make it not so loud in the house. My Vox AD50VT has a wattage slider that lets it go from earth shaking to family freindly. As for sound, you'll have to check and see what type of music you want to play versus what sound your beastie will make. My Vox can emulate a fair number of sounds from 60's Beetles sounds, to 70's fuzztone, to modern metal. For your guitar, that one is most certainly a personal choice, and the only thing you really need to know is how the guitar feels in your hands when you play it (thanks to Lee for this nugget, and I live by it).

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I already have a beautiful LP Black Beauty Epiphone :p
Damn I'm in love with that beauty ! xD
But I think that I'm just gonna buy a Randall 100 W.. one of my friends have one and I like it :p
Thank you for your time :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

God, I love that amp. If it's the one I'm thinking of. I envy you.

As far as 100W ones go, if you have, say, 1000 € to spare, I'd suggest a JCM 2000 Marshall. Now that's a monster.

EDIT: This just popped into my head. If you by any chance reconsider, and you really want the kind of monster amp that'll rip out the Hulk's eardrums at half volume on the crunch setting, you get yourself one of these:

A Framus Dragon. I myself only played on it once, but it's unbelievable. I hear Killswitch Engage used it for recording their album.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Ew, line6, no offense.

First off, if you want to play concerts you're gonna need something good, which is a head and cab combo.

Some good brands are Mesa, Peavy, Fender and Marshall(in some cases)

The guitarists in my band use a peavy 5150 and the other uses another peavy head, but I can't remember the type.

The best kind of Combo amps however are probably Fender Vox's. They're loud and have a great crisp sound, however, your guitar and it's pickups play a big role as well.

I don't know how much you're willing to spend, but I'd recommend a Mesa(single, double or triple rectifier)Boogie head. They're some of the best heads you can get. Peavy is next, 5150s, or 6505+ are great heads too. Also Marshall JCM9000's are good heads. Probably the best in the Marshall Family. But if you can't afford those, buy a Fender Vox, but I'd highly recommend saving up for Head and Cab.

Btw, Cab's don't make much of a difference in sound, A marshall cab will do just fine. Also, get a Tube head. You'll know it's a tube amp if it has a standby switch.

Could you tell me what music you play and what guitar you have?

I might not know a lot about guitars cause I'm a bass player mainly, but I play guitar also.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
combo:

Marshall TSL 122.

it's a 100 watt all valve AB combo with 2x12" speakers. has clean, crunch, and drive channels, and it really delivers.

had one for years, before i moved to mesa boogie and a marshall mode four.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hm so far i made good experiences with pretty much everything from Peavey
besides that im in love with my "Engl" amp.
though i can only play it for real on concerts or on practice ^^
well still it depens on which kinda music you wanna make

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom