Guile 4.0

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before I crit your model, are you trying to model Guile or your version of Guile?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

That's the guile I'm going for grega
zeonix said:
Before I crit your model, are you trying to model Guile or your version of Guile?
Why not read?

changed up the style a bit on the texture.

@ Kreshi: I'll see what I can do but i certainly don't agree with just about everything you said, though I did adjust the eyes.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not read?
I didn't let all of the pictures load, so all I was able to do was read. I think you meant you wanted me to view the pictures.

Your face looks like something you'd find in AVP2 and the hair looks like a tulip or some kind of flower. The hair looks like it's folding over itself from the front view. Your pic of Guile clearly shows a longer face than what you've created and pretty much all of the facial features are different.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't let all of the pictures load, so all I was able to do was read. I think you meant you wanted me to view the pictures.

Your face looks like something you'd find in AVP2 and the hair looks like a tulip or some kind of flower. The hair looks like it's folding over itself from the front view. Your pic of Guile clearly shows a longer face than what you've created and pretty much all of the facial features are different.
Essentially I'm modeling that guile with those proportions but with realistic features mixed with a soft skin style. That's the direction I've chosen. Anything else?

Best answers
He's too chubby if I have to judge according to your reference. Also, his hair seems odd to me. Maybe raise it a bit more? I like your skinning methods though. GJ on that.

But I mostly agree with Super Vegetto. He seems fatter than the reference you posted.

Best answers
I think your hair would go better if you followed a look closer to Charlie... But it doesn't look like Guile IMHO... It's definitely because of the hair.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Nice, nice, but if you are going for the Guile from the pic shouldn't the face be more longer?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Essentially I'm modeling that guile with those proportions but with realistic features mixed with a soft skin style. That's the direction I've chosen. Anything else?
That seems contrary to what you wanted me to read, considering he looks nothing like what is in the picture. I'd go as far to say that the face on your model looks less realistic than that of the drawing (although the drawing kinda makes him look like he has a hint of down syndrome).

Eyes look cross-eyed, nose looks too bulbous, seems to have a Neandertal brow ridge due to the placement and thickness of the eyebrows, and you've given him far too many age lines. His face looks old and his cheeks look as though they're filled with cellulite.

Again, as mentioned before, the hair is off. Guile doesn't have a flower on his head.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm the only thing is bothering on the skin is the place where the mouth ends, mostly there isnt supposed to be a highlight shading, more darker ones...his nose looks fat, but i never knew this character so.

polyflow is sooo kickass, will want to see the finish line.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm the only thing is bothering on the skin is the place where the mouth ends, mostly there isnt supposed to be a highlight shading, more darker ones...his nose looks fat, but i never knew this character so.

polyflow is sooo kickass, will want to see the finish line.
Doesn't look like I'll get to finish him, I've got an interview in San Fransisco Thursday for a full time 3d Artist Position. Unfortunately This will put my personal work on the back burner yet again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't look like I'll get to finish him, I've got an interview in San Fransisco Thursday for a full time 3d Artist Position. Unfortunately This will put my personal work on the back burner yet again.
only back and allready leaving :-\

atleast goodluck at getting the job, may tell what company?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well hate to see you go (again) TekNik.. I always do enjoy your skins.. Be sure to let us know which game/company etc. Especially when the game gets shipped!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol O'course none of this is a done deal. I've never been to San fransisco so I'm excited to check it out. I'll let you guys know the rest of the details after the interview. :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<3 sweetness man, good luck, I hope all goes well

pitty u're going so soon :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom