Guild Wars - Worth Playing?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been contemplating whether or not I should pick up a copy of Guild Wars. So, I want to see what everyone's opinions are.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Definitly worth it. One of the best communities in gaming history, great graphics, awesome story, addicting, great competitive play. One of the few 'MMO's' that is not about grinding and getting the highest level.

Best answers
Death to Prince Rurik, i used to play GW before i got in to WoW. the first expansion kinda killed the fun for me in gw :( but don't knock it untill you tryed it.

Best answers
I've been playing both GW and WoW for quite a while now (though, been a while since I've logged WoW).. Basicly: the original GW game = awesome, don't need others to play and quest.. The first expansion killed that by basicly forcing you to go with other people.

PvP in GW is balanced, though :)

About the customization: +- 8 types of faces, hair, skincolor etc to pick from per class (so each class has their unique looks).. That's when you create the char, after that, you can only dye your gear.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, you will notice a lot of people that look like you. But the thing of customization is in the builds you make. There are 30 possible proffesion combinations in the original game (and a lot more if you buy expansions), and so many different skills that are all balanced. PVP is great in this game.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guild Wars is a lot of fun for a while, then it starts repeating itself due to it being so heavily PvP-based, and i'm more of a PvE guy myself. It's all just a matter of own personal prefence. So , if you like PvP a lot, then GW is definitely a good buy.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never really got into the PvP portion of GW as much as I could have. I never really had the time to commit to finding a decent, balanced group, getting organized with them via TeamSpeak or Ventrillo, and then entering a multi-team PvP battle; for that matter, I didn't really frequent the arenas that were in the various towns. PvP was never my thing. I found the PvE in GW to be quite robust. The story was engaging enough (compared to your average MMO), but what really caught me was how important strategy and good group formation were. Unlike some other games, it's not just enough to team up with some buddies and plow through mobs of criminally-easy enemies until you get "better gear". If your team cannot coordinate or cooperate, nor seek out a balance of useful classes, you're doomed to fail.

In that sense, I really liked GW, as it struck me as a thinking man's MMO.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay, yeah it's good. I feel like playing it again, RIGHT NOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom