[Guild Wars] Second proffesion

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i dont know what to choose as a second proffesion in Guildwars, and i was wondering if anyone can help me chose one when the time comes, my current proffesion is Elementalist

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends on your play style (I hear that alot too).

I havn't got it.. but I played over my friends house... his Elementalist/Necro was a blast to play. I've seen sucessful Ele/Monks as well..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i was thinking of elemental/monk or necro too, but i heared stories that the necromancer and the ranger are complete crap characters, and i dont want to make a wrong decision >.<

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Necro = weaken monster. Ele = Blast monster.
Monk = party attracter as well as ele = damager.
As for ranger.. I don't see 2 atk classes working well together (for example, Warrior and Ranger.. which weapon and skills would you use etc)

It's your choice, I'm just a helper ^_^. visit www.gwonline.com for better help than I can give.

Best answers
I play a warrior/ranger. It's useful to deal some good long range damage before an enemy has chance to get close to you. Also, a huge plus is that rangers can have pets, and so as a Warrior/Ranger I found it very easy to solo near the beggining of the game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes...but im a Elementalist....and i need to know if i should stay ranged or if i should become a warrior so i can also attack at close range however...i read somewhere that its best to use a monk so i can use healing magic better or a meshmer would be good as well >.< i honestly dont know what to do

ow and btw, gwonline.com is a advertisement site, its guildwars.com

Best answers
I guess it depends if you like to solo or not. If you do, then picking warrior might be a good decision, so you can hold your own in close combat. If you prefer to play in groups though, it'd probably best to pick monk, so you can support the group with both attack and healing.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
yeah i was thinking of elemental/monk or necro too, but i heared stories that the necromancer and the ranger are complete crap characters, and i dont want to make a wrong decision >.<
Whoever told you that the Necromancer was a crappy profession has no idea what they're saying. The necro is a party mainstay later on due to the "Well of Blood" skill that gives every ally within its radius a health regeneration bonus. I would choose Ranger if you want a dedicated tank to use (since you'd get a pet), or Necro if you want some decent healing spells for you and your group that will also harm enemies.

I would also recommend the Mesmer - not for its damaging spells, but for the energy-stealing spells. If you're going to be using some rather expensive spells later on, you'll appreciate the ability to rob enemies of their energy and supply yourself with it.

Otherwise, I'd say go for Necro, as the Elementalist has little in the way of personal healing spells, and the Necro part can make up for that. The Ranger has 1 good healing spell, but any enemy Mesmer or Necro can counter that, since the ranger's healing spell gives you health regeneration.

My recommendation - Necro or Mesmer. With a good party, you won't even think twice about not having a pet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i havent played. but depends on your style

you want to deal ranged damage? get a ranger, and you have your pet, you can use ragned weapons and your ele spells.

support, use the necro, its a good class

solo caster, get mesmer, no more mana probs for you

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i think i might go for the mesmer, a faq says the mesmer has some good hexes that would come in handy later on in the game, i just did a quest for a mesmer teacher where i got 3 spells for free to kill a beast and they did help me a bit, one slowed down the enemy, one drained the enemies hp and the other...ermmm i forgot X_x anway thanks for the help guys :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I forgot about Mesmers 0_0. Anyway, sorry for the other link. The real link is
www.gwonline.net
It's a fansite, but it has more info than the official website.

Best answers
If you want people to hate you....pick mesmer,,,,,i have one and I have to say i get alot of satisfaction from all the crying and moaning i hear after i black out all their skills or steal all their energy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i took the mesmer, and i just like it how you can hex monsters and other people so they cant do anything anymore, especially the hex Backfire =D

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
i took the mesmer, and i just like it how you can hex monsters and other people so they cant do anything anymore, especially the hex Backfire =D
Oh, that's just the beginning of the annoyances. Wait until you get the spells that interrupt actions and/or increase skill recharge times.

Man...you can mess some enemies and players up as a Mesmer. It's highly underrated.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think mesmer is actually one of the best characters...i mean, it can annoy enemys and players, it can heal pretty well, it can steal energy (great for a elementalist =D) it just fits perfect with a elementalist

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom