Guild Wars Picture Thread

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By the way, I just started playing Guild Wars yesterday [08/19/05] :p

I don't have any screens (YET) of me and my friend after the destruction, but I will soon!

<center>CLICK THE SCREENSHOT FOR MORE!

</center>

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Chitenga/gw001.jpg

So... These are my characters. Genraka in the Middle is my main. Hes a Paladin (W/Mo Lv18), The one on the left is my Mage (E/Me Lv7) and the one on the right is my Priest (Mo/N Lv6).

Yeah i give their classes WoW names..>_<

I havent played Guild Wars in months. Thank god it doesnt have a monthly fee.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh man, boy do I really want Guild Wars. Guild Wars looks as good as World of Warcraft but, the graphics look amazing. I just have to get it soon :p (I might get it soon) so expect screenshots from me in a month or two :O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Expect screenies from me on Thursday.

Also, is there a possiblity that we can all join in 1 party? For community benefits as well as levelling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
Expect screenies from me on Thursday.

Also, is there a possiblity that we can all join in 1 party? For community benefits as well as levelling.

In Pre-Destruction you can only have 2 people in a party (including yourself), in the first area of post it raises to 4, then not far down the line it goes to 6.

However, I have a guild started that only has good people in it. They are funny and mature as well, we like to have fun ya know. Plus it'd be great to get some ESF people in.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Getting GW Today! Expect screenshots from me. But I'm not getting my hopes up if they have it or not.

Best answers
Yeah, I picked up guild wars a few days ago. Unfortunately I must wait to play it until the 30th.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is combat handled in that game? (Not to jack the thread, just curious)

Best answers
Combat is pretty much the same as in WoW. The differences are that it's a bit faster, and you can only equip 8 skills (I think) at a time. Sometimes though, especially when there are a lot of people in your party, the combat can look a bit messy and it's quite hard to keep track of what's going on. Most notably some of the special melee attacks with the warrior don't stand out that much and the damage numbers are hard to see, so it can be difficult to work out exactly which attacks are effective.
I should probably start playing the game again actually, been a while since I've played it properly.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-JLN- said:
Combat is pretty much the same as in WoW. The differences are that it's a bit faster, and you can only equip 8 skills (I think) at a time. Sometimes though, especially when there are a lot of people in your party, the combat can look a bit messy and it's quite hard to keep track of what's going on. Most notably some of the special melee attacks with the warrior don't stand out that much and the damage numbers are hard to see, so it can be difficult to work out exactly which attacks are effective.
I should probably start playing the game again actually, been a while since I've played it properly.
The messiness factor of using a party can be easily sorted out if you plan ahead with your group. In GW, you can "call shots", ie: designate a person, usually a ranger, to pick a target and declare that he/she is targetting a specific monster. After that, people in the group need only press 'T' in order to target that enemy for themselves - focusing efforts is very helpful in GW.

You can also avoid spells in GW, which is different from the homing effect seen in WoW (I should know I play as a mage in WoW).

Combat is, indeed, similar to WoW. Health will regenerate when you're not in combat, and mana constantly regenerates. When it comes down to the weapons, though, I see little difference from WoW. You don't get a slot for a ranged weapon, but you do have the ability to make "Weapon Sets" (like in Diablo 2) that you can switch between during combat.

Additionally, any class can use any weapon, but in order to do the amount of damage promised to you in a weapon's description, you NEED to have the required amount of points put into the appropriate skill (for instance, a staff requiring 6 Domination Magic would be best suited for a person who is a primary or secondary Mesmer and has 6 or more points devoted to domination magic).

Spells work a lot like they do in WoW, with most spells requiring a casting time. The exception is Mesmers, who have a skill called "Fast Casting", which reduces casting times for spells, making more spells instant-casting.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

;)

Elemental + Mesmer = win

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom