[Guild Wars] ESF Guild

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i was just surfing the internet and i saw alot of forum communitys teamed up on guildwars and i was wondering if we maybe could do the same? however i do not know how many people play guildwars on these forums X_x

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WoW > Guild Wars.

And this forum doesn't normally promote recruitment threads, they tend to cause problems.

Best answers
What's guildwars? The teaming up sounds cool I can't thought cause i dont even know what guildwars is. lol

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Guild Wars is an mmorpg, I play a Monk/Necromancer.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Guild Wars isn't free, it's one you have to buy off the shelf, but there is NO monthly cost :D

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cap J said:
Guild Wars isn't free, it's one you have to buy off the shelf, but there is NO monthly cost :D
Holly crow.. I just might buy it =o...or not.. but.. I don't really play any game's much anymore..

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
The beauty of no monthly fee is that you don't feel compelled to play it simply to justify your paying each month. You can play as infrequently as you like :D

EDIT: Also, it's good on 56k too, the only times I lagged when I had 56k was when it was updating (it updates on the fly).

Oh, and there is absolutely NO kill stealing :p Whenever you leave a town or outpost it loads a map for only you and your team, no one else in there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cap J said:
Guild Wars is an mmorpg
No it isn't...

I have a Elementalist/Mesmer, but I rarely play GW. WoW is better imo ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather not have a guild called ESF or Earth's Special Forces. Some person might think that we are 12-year old wannabes. Maybe a different name, but nor ESF.

And, I agree that WoW is better, but I'm cheap, so im gonna play Guild Wars.

Best answers
Because it's only "MMO" when you're in the main towns. Everywhere else is instanced, so it's an online role playing game, but I certainly wouldn't say it's an MMO. Been a while since I played the game. It's not as addictive as WoW, but to be honest I haven't had time for that either. If I get back into it, I wouldn't mind joining some kind of ESF forum guild though.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Have you played in the arena? or in a Guild War? lots of human players and ONLY human players there.

Best answers
Yeah, they're only human players. But there aren't hundreds all existing in that same version of the world. You could get the same numbers on most standard deathmatch games, so I still don't see how it qualifys as an MMO game. It's more on the lines of Diablo 2, but with a little MMO added in for good measure.

Best answers
Cap J said:
Have you played in the arena? or in a Guild War? lots of human players and ONLY human players there.
Don't make it a MMORPG.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NCsoft calls it an CORPG (Co-operative Role Playing Game). But, since most of us are lazy, we'll call it an MMORPG.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i wasnt planning on calling it the ESF guild, but i couldnt think of a name, but Guild wars is a fun game (probably WoW is more fun, but you dont have to pay montly for guild wars and it is really fun to play)

There are litteraly hundreds of skills to choose from, and 6 proffesions (and since you can also choose a second proffesion there are a total of 36 combinations) im a elementalist and still need to get my mesmer second proffesion

While you dont walk with 1000's of people in a world you can go into a team with some friends and do quests together and go in a guild and have guild vs guild wars

The great thing about guild wars is not having to pay, for games such as WoW you need to pay montly and if you dont feel like playing for a week you still have to pay if you want to continue afterwars. But guild wars is easy, you just stop for a week and then you can go on if you want, no problems at all

And well you cant really call guild wars a MMORPG which stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game...since guild wars isnt really Massive, anyway there will probably be updates or expansion packs which will include new classes and will keep you occupied for some while

Synth said:
WoW > Guild Wars.

And this forum doesn't normally promote recruitment threads, they tend to cause problems.
and if this is really advertising or promoting for recruitment...well im sorry i didnt really see this as the same promoting as for a mod or something, its more like a ....community...suggestion X_x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love wow better, And this thread is lookin at me funny.

I'll admit that GW tempted me, but I always did love the art style of Warcraft better.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm well i think more people like WoW....so i guess i will just try to find me a dutch guild

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GW looks ok, and I like the payment releif, but I've always been in love with the Warcraft world, and it does not dissapoint. Allthough, one of my friends has it and is in love with GW, so it should be pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom