Guild Wars -- Did I make a dumb mistake?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made a necromancer, then went warrior for my secondary profession. Was this stupid, in the sense that I don't get to wear warrior armor, that I'm basically going to be a necromancer with good weapon skills? Because I am so early in the game it would be smart for me to restart if my combination is stupid.

Best answers
Hmm you could use the tactics skills in the warrior and use them to buff yourself and your undead, but other than that, the build isnt gonna do any good IMO. IMO (again) Necromancer/Monk (To heal your undead so they dont die) or Necromancer/Mesmerer (Absorb Energy and a bunch of other effects) sounds more of a better build. You could always Make a PVP character and look at the premade PVP template for Build ideas.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda wanted to go the route of a big armored warrior type that could raise the dead, sort of like a really badass death knight. Would it have been smarter to go warrior, then add the necro stuff later?

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I kinda wanted to go the route of a big armored warrior type that could raise the dead, sort of like a really badass death knight. Would it have been smarter to go warrior, then add the necro stuff later?
Yes. That way you can use Warrior's Armor which ofcource is far superior than others and you can still use your necro abilities.

Besides, When you get to 20 you can die your end game armor black and look badass :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is. I've noticed a couple of animations that appear to be almost asynchronous to some of WoW's...but I'm not going to get into it here.

I ran into a new problem with the whole Warrior/Necro combo now. As a warrior primary and necro secondary...well I have like 20 mana, which is ridiculously low, allowing me to only do a couple of big necro moves during a battle. Honestly, this is a real handicap, as my necro/warrior seemed to be able to do notably more stuff more easily than the warrior/necro.

sigh...I was really hoping I'd found a game that would let me do something creative without having to resort to generic stuff in order to be successful. :0\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It is. I've noticed a couple of animations that appear to be almost asynchronous to some of WoW's...but I'm not going to get into it here.

I ran into a new problem with the whole Warrior/Necro combo now. As a warrior primary and necro secondary...well I have like 20 mana, which is ridiculously low, allowing me to only do a couple of big necro moves during a battle. Honestly, this is a real handicap, as my necro/warrior seemed to be able to do notably more stuff more easily than the warrior/necro.

sigh...I was really hoping I'd found a game that would let me do something creative without having to resort to generic stuff in order to be successful. :0\
Haha, that sucks for you. Terribly.

Make a Necro/Mesmer. Thats what im doing. I've learned from PVP that Damage over Time spells are unbelievably amazing at level 20 :yes:

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:

I guess its just a matter of choice. Do you want more mana or more armor? Personally im a Warrior/Monk so your right about the mana thing, I only cast like 1 or 2 spells and fight using my Adreline moves. Oh and The Gladiator Armor set has a bonus to mana, i Think you get a +7 with a full set but i cant remember that well.

Good luck with your character.

Best answers
Well that's the point where you're meant to use your warrior skills to bash them in the head with a big weapon!
It's unfortunate but you can't have it both ways - the best armour and great magic ability. I chose warrior ranger (not a particularly good mix) and I know that having Warrior as primary can get you through a lot of fights with little magic power.

After reading this I feel like starting a new character :D

Best answers
Meh just get to droknars forge, do the heros journey and become a warrior monk or something, no need to really go banaza over it, most ppl don't use their secondary class till pvp anyways.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX:
As a N/W (more energy, less armour) There's numerous skills that could keep you alive. Most of them being health draining skills from blood magic.

As a W/N (more armor, less energy) There are still ways to keep your energy up. If you can hit fast, then a Zealous Sword Hilt is what your looking at. (-1 energy pip but 1 energy for every hit.) There's even some necromancer moves that sacrifice a percentage of health for some nice energy gain.

Check out some sites like http://www.guildwarsguru.com/skill.php
to find out what sort of build you want to go for.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh. I'd say you didn't. Necros are fun. They can raise monsters.
But if you plan to make a new char, Make Elementalist your primary, and Mesmer as your secondary. Majin_You suggested Mesmer and I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom