GTO

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would have to say this is one of my favorite Manga of all time. I just finished it all in the passed week.... The ending brought me to tears. (Then again when anything comes to an end I like, it brings me to tears). It was sooooo great.. I mean wow.... If only like were really like this, I would have done better in school. If only teachers were like this. All my teachers were stiff neck people.... But just.... Wow... such an awesome Manga... As you can see my Sig and Avi changed quick.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both the anime and manga were fantastic, definitely in my top 5.

This face has to be my favourite;

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've rapidly checked the plot on wikipedia. Sounds nice. :) Maybe i'll watch the anime.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has to be one of the best manga I have read. I am going to watch the anime now.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has to be one of the best manga I have read. I am going to watch the anime now.
I did it the other way around. Hate to be negative but the manga is better than the anime, plot-wise. The ending is good but not good at the same time.

GTO was the first anime I'd seen where there wasn't anything supernatural (no super-powers, giant robots etc.).

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen a lot of the characters from GTO, but have no idea what it's actually about. From what I gather it's about a High School teacher and his class?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've scene a lot of the characters from GTO, but have no idea what it's actually about. From what I gather it's about a High School teacher and his class?
Here you go

Wiki said:
While peeping up girls' skirts at a local shopping mall, Onizuka meets a girl who agrees to go out on a date with him. Onizuka's attempt to sleep with her fails when her current "boyfriend", her teacher, shows up at the love hotel they are in and asks her to return to him. The teacher is old and unattractive, but has enough influence over her that she leaps from a second story window and lands in his arms.

Onizuka, seeing this display of a teacher's power over girls, decides to become a teacher himself. In his quest, he discovers three important things:

He has a conscience and a sense of morality. This means taking advantage of impressionable schoolgirls is out; but their unusually attractive mothers are a different matter.
He enjoys teaching and most of the time, he teaches life lessons rather than schoolwork.
He hates the systems of traditional education, especially when they have grown ignorant and condescending to students and their needs.
With these realizations, he sets out to become the greatest teacher ever,[6] using his own brand of philosophy and the ability to do nearly anything when under enough pressure. He is hired as a long-shot teacher by a privately operated school to tame a class that has driven one teacher to a mysterious death, one to nervous breakdown, and one to joining a cult. He embarks on a mission of self-discovery by breaking through to each student one by one, and helping each student to overcome their problems and learn to genuinely enjoy life.

I did it the other way around. Hate to be negative but the manga is better than the anime, plot-wise. The ending is good but not good at the same time.

GTO was the first anime I'd seen where there wasn't anything supernatural (no super-powers, giant robots etc.).
Other then Onizuka's Super Human Strength and abilities. Hahaha

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wiki said:
Onizuka, seeing this display of a teacher's power over girls, decides to become a teacher himself. In his quest, he discovers three important things:

He has a conscience and a sense of morality. This means taking advantage of impressionable schoolgirls is out; but their unusually attractive mothers are a different matter.
That's all I needed to see. I heard the guy was a skirt chaser, but was uninterested in a teacher chasin after HS girls. Now goin after their moms, that's more my game :O As for the rest of his traits, it's interested me, I'll be picking it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only read bits of the manga, but I thoroughly enjoyed the anime. Maybe two or three times, if I remember correctly.

I went through this sort of obsessive phase similar to how I went through with Dragon Ball, of course for slightly different reasons, and actually became inspired to draw again because of it.

I suppose I can describe the anime as 'fun' and with a kind of character and story introduction and development you may not see anywhere else.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Haven't read the manga, but I loved the anime. One of the funniest animes I've ever seen.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DP was really into this series, he almost got me into watching the anime, actually. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom