GTA IV :: Released today!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sky its possible to get a mouse or keyboard for a console. And the fact that there is only 1 set of hardware per console makes it better for the coders since they can use up all the potential of that hardware where on a computer you have to code for so many posibilities that you cant really use the hardware to the full potential.

Console = a computer that you cant upgrade, but it runs the stuff that is made for it better than a computer ^^

Why else do you think emulators require about 2 or 3 times better hardware than the consoles have ;)

As for the game. I would have hoped that there would be a demo out so that i could see if i can run it or not.

Best answers
Epic! I'll get it ASAP. My PC can pretty much handle recommended settings :D.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Regardless. I find a PC always better than a console. Though I like the consoles when I don't have a PC near.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read people are having a lot of problems on the PC version, also that you would need a PC with hardware released from the last few months to play on a decent FPS rate.

Best answers
I read people are having a lot of problems on the PC version, also that you would need a PC with hardware released from the last few months to play on a decent FPS rate.
And even then people have had problems with SecuROM crashing Vista.

I'm glad I picked up the 360 version.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Might pick this up, my machine will run it fine.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long it doesn't has a keyboard, a mouse and hardware upgrade options (ram, video card, etc). I don't see it as a computer :).
so the fact i tore the hdd out of my ps3, and stuck a 250gb one in there, have a keyboard and mouse for it, and it runs on DDR3 ram, makes i can't see it as a computer?

bearing in mind i've used it to post on this forum a few times :)

oh and you can install other OS on it too...

wait, what can't i do on that, which i can do on my pc? 3dsmax, and that's all.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
word.

is this pc version as buggy as GTA3, and GTA:VC were?

Best answers
Sky its possible to get a mouse or keyboard for a console. And the fact that there is only 1 set of hardware per console makes it better for the coders since they can use up all the potential of that hardware where on a computer you have to code for so many posibilities that you cant really use the hardware to the full potential.

Console = a computer that you cant upgrade, but it runs the stuff that is made for it better than a computer ^^

As for the game. I would have hoped that there would be a demo out so that i could see if i can run it or not.
That's a pretty outdated argument. Xbox 360 programming is just DirectX programming + some toolkits as far as I know. I'd say consoles used to run faster mainly because of the lower resolution and refresh rate of TV screens (and still most console games run in 720p, half the number of pixels of a 1600x1200 screen) and the laziness of PC programmers.
Why else do you think emulators require about 2 or 3 times better hardware than the consoles have ;)
Because it has to interpret all console commands and then translate them to PC commands?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the reason consoles are better for games companies:

they only have to work with 1 set of hardware specs, which means they can test their software a lot more easily.

the pc game market is open to an almost infinite combination of hardware manufacturers, bios systems, firmware systems etc. and therefor making a game for a pc is much more difficult. the reason emulators require such higher spec than the console, is as harsens says: it's having to translate from the console hardware config + language to an entirely new one.

the other reason companies are releasing multiplatform games on consoles first, or releasing JUST for consoles. is because pricks who use pc's would rather crack the game and play it for free. an option which is becoming less and less available on the console market (seeing as sony and msoft simply kill any console found to have modified hardware over their respective networks).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just about to buy this when I read online that no one can get stable frame rates, and most people experience tons of crashes.

I'll wait a month before I buy it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody can get stable frame rates because the game is ****ing amazing. Of course the system requirements are going to be high, did you think it would look like the 360 version? Rockstar always makes huge improvements to the PC port. I must admit it does suck for the people will mid and low end systems though.

<3 Rockstar

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just bought it on Steam, downloading now. I hope that this game delivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom