Grunts, Screams and Noises.

New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
ESF is missing something vital. SOmething that would make it more realistic and more true to the show. ESF needs grunts, screams, cries and yelling during beam stuggling, struggling with a Energy Ball, throwing a character and when two characters collide and they must hit the arrows to beat the other person to the pre-punch. As of right now, there aren't many sounds, if not any, when these things happen. If you think about it, you make noises all the time in real life, so why not during these things? It would also show that they are stuggling with more power.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 28, 2005
Messages
1,547
Best answers
0
Good idea, we should gather some people and record sounds of them while in agony and pain, lol, no seriously I think it's a great idea, now where can we find sounds, hmmm....maybe we can use sounds from some from your vids?
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
3,211
Best answers
0
No offense, but I don't want to hear everyone on the server sound like they're constipated =/
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
You wouldn't hear them. Only time you would hear another person is if they were close to you. Its just like when someone transes and the sound plays but you can only hear it if you are close to them.
 
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
If you ask me to many of those things would make the game play like a broken record. Youd get sick of it. Some sounds are already beeing added to the PS as you alreay know. Maby some melee sounds added but thats enough.

I wouldnt want to hear the same AHHHHHHH over and over again every time i hit the sucka
 
2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
284
Best answers
0
grega you cant even hit haha
 
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
kruli1 said:
grega you cant even hit haha
That was kinda pointless >.>


In aney case i was giving a so called "example". Can you say the word >.>


Once apon a time there were player A, player B, player C and player D in a ESF server. Player A hits player B. Player B gives out that sound. Than player D hits player C, who also gives out that sound, boath are near player A and B. And player A looses his mind cause he keeps hearing the same sounds all the time in all servers and has to be taken into a mental institution.

And they all live happily ever after.

THE END

Understand that?
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
Grega said:
If you ask me to many of those things would make the game play like a broken record. Youd get sick of it. Some sounds are already beeing added to the PS as you alreay know. Maby some melee sounds added but thats enough.

I wouldnt want to hear the same AHHHHHHH over and over again every time i hit the sucka
But see, thats the genius part. You make about 4 or 5 pain sounds and then you have them play randomly. Maybe you hear the sound 2 or 3 times in a row or maybe you keep hearing a different one each time. If I remember correctly, adding in a random picming system is easy. They did it for the melee arrows.
 
Senior Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 6, 2002
Messages
1,675
Best answers
0
KidBoy17 said:
ESF is missing something vital. SOmething that would make it more realistic and more true to the show. ESF needs grunts, screams, cries and yelling during beam stuggling, struggling with a Energy Ball, throwing a character and when two characters collide and they must hit the arrows to beat the other person to the pre-punch. As of right now, there aren't many sounds, if not any, when these things happen. If you think about it, you make noises all the time in real life, so why not during these things? It would also show that they are stuggling with more power.
It's already in 1.3. Different sounds for if you're losing or winning a ps.
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
Well, what about a bs? Or in melee?
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Messages
286
Best answers
0
Fire Phoenix said:
No offense, but I don't want to hear everyone on the server sound like they're constipated =/
ROFL LOL!! funniest thing ive read on this forum LOL!... BAHAHAHAa


ok... but seriously.. i think ude only hear people within range
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
193
Best answers
0
I like it, it would be fine to have just two or three vatiations for each sound. If you think about it they yell every time they attack in any fighting game, Soul Calibur for example has maybe three variations of a character yelling for a basic melee attack. Anyway, why shouldnt it work with esf? Also you guys should add at least one slight variation to the other sounds, like gen balls/beams, that sounds getting old after playing the game for three months. But if anything at least put some more death sounds in, every time i die Goku makes that breathing hard sound, its annoying enough to die but i feel the sound makes it worse somehow.
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
Rayne said:
I like it, it would be fine to have just two or three vatiations for each sound. If you think about it they yell every time they attack in any fighting game, Soul Calibur for example has maybe three variations of a character yelling for a basic melee attack. Anyway, why shouldnt it work with esf? Also you guys should add at least one slight variation to the other sounds, like gen balls/beams, that sounds getting old after playing the game for three months. But if anything at least put some more death sounds in, every time i die Goku makes that breathing hard sound, its annoying enough to die but i feel the sound makes it worse somehow.
Thank god someone else see's my point. Thank you!
 
Senior Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 6, 2002
Messages
1,675
Best answers
0
Pfft, I see your point daily.
 

nge

New Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
464
Best answers
0
lolwned

I'm glad to see something is going to be in 1.3 for this. Maybe a client-side variable could disable it, per chance?
 
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
10,837
Best answers
0
It's a nice idea, i must agree to that. But you guys forget a small details, which is Half-Life's limit. What do i mean? Half-Life has it's resource limit, even the team can't add unlimited sounds to the game.
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
We know that. Thats why Rayne suggested adding in two or three variations for each sound. This doesn't apply for crying out moves like KHH or SBC but this applies for bs, ps and melee.
 
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
10,837
Best answers
0
True, but still it would take up a lot of sounds. I mean, you have to add them for each character, including the new ones in v1.3, plus new sounds are added for the new features / transformations in v1.3, but mainly this suggestion is nice though.
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
193
Best answers
0
I dont believe that is an issue. As you said there is still room for more characters in 1.3, but consider EVM and BTL. Not only have they added more characters but all of those characters attacks, the sprites for those attacks, the models for the characters, and multiple sounds for each new character are included, with all transformations added. BTL is adding 10 new characters. I think theres enough room (for 1.3 at least) to add a few more sounds.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 28, 2005
Messages
1,547
Best answers
0
I like the idea, and of you get annoyed with the sound, all you do is make a recording of a silent sound and then replace that file, so when they die, you hear...nothing! I think this is a very good idea, sorry for the sarcasm in the first post though, I was losing my mind there...
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top