Growler's CG art thread...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am new to this... but.
Works in progress...

Desert Eagle... (Still life off of my airsoft gun)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those are coming along nicely. In particular, I like the style of the first two pics, and, of course, the last pic of the "deagle" looks very good.

You just keep getting better :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont like em x_X .... detailless, to less work on them :\

try to work more at it... and start showing finished work or W.I.P´s wich r nearly to finish...

the first ones i dont have to say anthing i gues.. its just like 3% work at all...

the 3rd is the colorchoosing allright but .. em yeh the scratches are really wrong...

nway keep prectasising... try to get alook at cgchat.com and cgtalk.com there you will get better i gues..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
i dont like em x_X .... detailless, to less work on them :\

try to work more at it... and start showing finished work or W.I.P´s wich r nearly to finish...

the first ones i dont have to say anthing i gues.. its just like 3% work at all...

the 3rd is the colorchoosing allright but .. em yeh the scratches are really wrong...

nway keep prectasising... try to get alook at cgchat.com and cgtalk.com there you will get better i gues..
whatt? no offense, but I really can't understand what you mean man :/ Sorry.

"the 3rd is the colorchoosing allright but..." - Sorry, I really have no clue :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k

1st + 2nd pics are ... unfinished...

3rd ... the color you choosed for the shading is good, thought the work is detailless

need else translated?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're vectors tryforce, they're ment to be blank like that, infact its the whole purpose of the style. Unless he was going for a cell shaded or painted style its fine. However I do dislike the colour choices, when working in vectors it's important to make sure all the colours work well with eachother, im affraid the colours clash a little, and lack saturation/contrast, also alot of the edges aren't very smooth, idealy, vectors are created in illustrator, it kinda looks like you used photoshop for these and brushed them... correct me if im wrong :p

For the gun, its a great drawing, great lineart, its just the CG lets it down... alot, metal doesnt create shaddows like that, remember that colouring something shiny is always hard if not in a scene, because it reflects everything around it, shaddows/highlights on shiny surfaces arent as simple as most things.

Nice stuff though, i'd like to see more =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
They're vectors tryforce, they're ment to be blank like that, infact its the whole purpose of the style. Unless he was going for a cell shaded or painted style its fine. However I do dislike the colour choices, when working in vectors it's important to make sure all the colours work well with eachother, im affraid the colours clash a little, and lack saturation/contrast, also alot of the edges aren't very smooth, idealy, vectors are created in illustrator, it kinda looks like you used photoshop for these and brushed them... correct me if im wrong :p

For the gun, its a great drawing, great lineart, its just the CG lets it down... alot, metal doesnt create shaddows like that, remember that colouring something shiny is always hard if not in a scene, because it reflects everything around it, shaddows/highlights on shiny surfaces arent as simple as most things.

Nice stuff though, i'd like to see more =]
if you're up for it... Could you take my lineart gun and color it in for me so I know what you're talking about? I am a visual learner :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
usually vectors are supposed to be smooth though and those are kinda jagged i wouldnt exactly call them vectors.because really a vector image doesnt use pixels

example
bare with me im not to good with it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for the double post - Started this last night. No references used. C+C

Best answers
This last one is ok for a WIP ;o
I think the arms on the guy to the left might be too long.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone else? Wahh! I worked soo hard on it :(

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rayna said:
This last one is ok for a WIP ;o
I think the arms on the guy to the left might be too long.
I agree with Rayna there, plus the left arm look missplaced, not a huge flaw, easy to fix. ^_^ keep it up

Best answers
Growler, I like whatcha did and I agree with the arm deal. But.. IMO you need mo' violence :p.

Best answers
I think the violence would come by itself once he starts adding details.
Those two men are after all figthing to death.

Best answers
I'm liking the update, has plenty of little details to it.
There is something itching me about it, can't lay my finger on what it is right now.
Keep it up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom