ground mele hmm might work

Best answers
i have a idea :D of how to make ground fights a reality in esf.
well let me say that no one realy stays on the ground in any esf mod version etc more than 5% -10 % at the most.
so why do players fight in the sky.. because of the flight system ..
now why do players swoop ? .. because the mele system...

my idea is simply to make a fighting, a mele system ground unique.
imagine a swoop whit less or no aura animation only ground based and lets say a method of slaming oponents into terrain controled similar to the air fights, on top of this we can add some blasts like punch -slam-blast-dodge it would look kool

and yes in general you should make the mele time 3 times as big its just small atm :cool:

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is possible to swoop along the ground.

The main problem with fighting on the ground is that you're more susceptible to explosions (many beams and blasts are targeted at the ground) and that if someone hits you with basic melee, you're likely to be pounded into the ground.

Best answers
imagine a engagement where you can concentrate on the problem at hand your oponent.
and the explosions are a comon thing.. in dbz they werent imune to them duh .. its like sayng if you play in the air you risk to be atacked ..

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imagine a engagement where you can concentrate on the problem at hand your oponent.
and the explosions are a comon thing.. in dbz they werent imune to them duh .. its like sayng if you play in the air you risk to be atacked ..
Nobody stops you from doing so.
But Dokutayuu is right.
ESF is mostly air fight; the terrain is just a weapon and a place to sit on.

Best answers
ok so isn't this suposed to be a dbz game because i don't remember dbz being so air based :| i understand the reason it is air based but if ground mechanics aren't implemented the game just isn't dbz .. and another thing .. movement on the ground should be much slower than it is .

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok so isn't this suposed to be a dbz game because i don't remember dbz being so air based :| i understand the reason it is air based but if ground mechanics aren't implemented the game just isn't dbz .. and another thing .. movement on the ground should be much slower than it is .
If run speed on the ground was reduced, it'd discourage people further from playing on the ground. You risk being hit and blown up ... and then have little means of escaping.

Speeding up ground movement might work though. It'd give the player a reason to use the ground. I remember Cell running on foot pretty fast in his 1st stage (I'm not sure which episode, I haven't watched DBZ for a good while).

Could you elaborate on your ground melee system, it's a little vague.

Best answers
ok imagine : fat buu vs vegeta lets say

so my ground fight would look like :
fat buu comes in a ground swoop(same as air swoop but no aura and lesser speed also it is ground only you cant get too far from the ground using it ) and starts mele combat whit goku .
Imediatly a bar apears and you must put commands for the combat ( note : buu is atacking goku is countering) and lets say normal hits + you can switch to normal blue atack and plan using one at some point , also by leting a move get red on the bar you do a slam ( you catch your oponent and throw him in one swift movement into the ground ),from this you may plan 2 more moves to end your asault finisher hits.

Note : the 2 finisher moves are only to be allowed if the target is slamed or hit by a beam atack (like the blue atack i suposedly planed),the finisher moves are intended to do a long stun rather than kill.

Also a beam/slam atack throws the target to the ground stuned and helpless alowing the extra hits and i have a side idea of making a major finishig move of throwing ki balls at him at this point but im not shure how to introduce it maybie a teleport above and starting a asault.

Supose goku avoided most of the hits and the beam and the slam he can now launch his own set of moves to atack buu ( even if he succedes in doing a full combo or not the engagement should end now releasing the 2 players from combat so they both get a chance at atacking and defending witch comes first)

A full combo = engagement + 5 or so mele hits (simple hits) + 1 beam+2 more hits+ 1 slam and if the slam succedes 2 more hard hits to stun the target to continue the combo whit a beam etc after desengagement.

Note: the beam charges in the 2 more hits period when any atack planed is extremly minor also the oponent will see the beam charging and may chose to block it simply by hiting block just before it fires( he will see all moves aganced him as moves on a bar and he will have to quickly counter each this is after they are planed he will have 3 secs in advance to counter each move)

as a last thing the players may attempt a grab and throw anytime and it will work unless countered but only 1 attempt per combat ( by presing e lets say )

And 1 more thing players defending may also attempt a teleport to escape the whole combo but only once and if it fails you het hit and lose the energy .

Best answers
It sounds a little like my idea...... except ground base and suckier.... :\

Best answers
yes dude it sounds ''a litle'' like your idea because what your idea did is nothing you basicly sugested things allready implemented into the game all your idea would have done is make the game more automatic ... so dont say ''suckier'' what sucks is your sugestion .

Witch is btw not your idea but is budokai inspired basicly similarities are 90 % + to budokai series
and yes its ground based whats your problem if you dont like it go play airplane games ...

ps: that litle similarity is probably cause we are talking about esf/dbz fighting system duh.. you cant change it too radicaly there will always be similarities.

Last edited:
Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Reson ESF is an AIR based game is because it's a 3 D game , only 2 D games has ground melee because if you look at them even in air they look like they ar siting on the ground.And realy come on what's up with that ideea , it will be nice if some one comes up with someting new and original

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No need to get so defensive, this is contructive criticism so you can express yourself more clearly.

You simply dont explain yourself well. You dont format, your sentences trail on, you dont use punctuation. This is irritating to read and detrimental to expressing yourself in a way which wont be misunderstood.

You havent broken down your idea in terms of the engine, you basically just go off telling a story. So far, the only differences in game logic I can see is, you swoop shorter distance if you initiate it on the ground, and 1.2 advanced melee with different animations.

Budokai is a 2D game using a 3D engine. Such borrowed concepts dont tranlate well into 3D freedom of motion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom