Ground breaking/deforming under feet.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This sounds kind of silly, but I think it would be pretty cool if when you block moves or have beam struggles while standing on the ground that the ground will start to break sort of like a crater when you are getting pushed, like under your feet if your angled a certain way. This could also be used for powering up if not done so already. Sorry if this has been posted before but just making sure this idea gets heard.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This sounds kind of silly, but I think it would be pretty cool if when you block moves or have beam struggles while standing on the ground that the ground will start to break sort of like a crater when you are getting pushed, like under your feet if your angled a certain way. This could also be used for powering up if not done so already. Sorry if this has been posted before but just making sure this idea gets heard.
Ground Deformation during Beam Block was there in the Open Beta, so the chances are it will be there in Final. We might see Ground Deformation for Power Ups as well, but that depends on how technologically feasible it is.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plus, performance.

The devs have already said they could put in most of what people suggest, but it just isn't feasable to do within a reasonable amount of time, and it would most likely look poor, and run poorer. This is GoldSRC, while it is amazing what they're doing, there are limits. Seems alot of the community on websites I visit forget that this is Goldsrc and think it's a custom Engine lol.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ground Deformation during Beam Block was there in the Open Beta, so the chances are it will be there in Final. We might see Ground Deformation for Power Ups as well, but that depends on how technologically feasible it is.
lol what?...
We have never done ground deformation, lol. Thats not possible in GoldSRC which is what 1.3 open beta was running.

Im pretty sure you were just playing at map that the creator made explodable land meshes.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Dark, I think he means the ground cracks. Though i am not sure.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you skip to 8:49 of this video this is kind of what I since I mean,can't remember exactly where else this occured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXujmrdPzwg

He sort of skids I was thinking kind of like the ground pushing down like a crater as well. This is just to clarify if theres an confusion, it probably would not work so well anyway its really not important.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And skidmarks.

BUT this does give me an idea of something dalte could do to mimic such an effect XD

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't feel like a failure in my life anymore, this is the day it turns around and I make something of myself.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol what?...
We have never done ground deformation, lol. Thats not possible in GoldSRC which is what 1.3 open beta was running.

Im pretty sure you were just playing at map that the creator made explodable land meshes.
I meant the Skid-marks. It IS a form of ground deformation. Yes? No?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I need to word my sentences right. I meant it looked like it is a form of Ground Deformation.

Any more corrections needed?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah we could do it with decals, but the bigger it gets, the harder it is to maintain the illusion.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Either way thanks alot for listening to the suggestion.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah we could do it with decals, but the bigger it gets, the harder it is to maintain the illusion.
Karrde Dalte actually was playing round with something like that, he just didnt have the correct models for it to look good. NNKs trick with Sakuras kick to be more speciffic ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom