Green Day and mens perfume?

Best answers
I was listening to the new Green Day album the other day on the bus, as you do, and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" came on. Everything was proceeding as normal, when for some reason, I heard this:

I walk this empty street,
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams,
Where the city sleeps,
and I'm the only one and I wore cologne.

I wore cologne, I wore cologne.
I wore cologne and I walk up.

And so on, everytime that line came along, it was suddenly about Billy Joe Armstrong smelling good as opposed to being lonely. I felt stupid, and now I can't stop hearing that instead of the real line.

Anybody else heard words that make a song a whole lot more comical than it's meant to be?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, he can afford strong calogne with all the selling out he did... or wait, maybe he spent his money on eyeliner to hide his drug abuse problem =O

hes too emo to wear cologne. he definately walks on his own.

i do remember this one song i saw on tv one time, some dude singing about how his gf should let him know if hes being played.

then puff daddy came in and did this little rap thing, and the line

"gave me extra cheese"

i was like... WTF?!

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
well, he can afford strong calogne with all the selling out he did... or wait, maybe he spent his money on eyeliner to hide his drug abuse problem =O
Quoted for absolute truth.

But no... I usually hear songs the way they're supposed to be, or if something doesn't make sense I try to forget about it.

On a different note, after hearing the song 'Hollaback Girl' by Gwen Stefani, I immediatly wanted to jam a pencil in my ear. Cause that **** is bananas.

Dewd In Ћe Newd1

D
Silent_Bob said:
I was listening to the new Green Day album the other day on the bus, as you do, and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" came on. Everything was proceeding as normal, when for some reason, I heard this:

I walk this empty street,
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams,
Where the city sleeps,
and I'm the only one and I wore cologne.

I wore cologne and I walk up.

And so on, everytime that line came along, it was suddenly about Billy Joe Armstrong smelling good as opposed to being lonely. I felt stupid, and now I can't stop hearing that instead of the real line.

Anybody else heard words that make a song a whole lot more comical than it's meant to be?

You're wrong good sir!

The correct lyrics go like this...

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
and I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk a...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pssst... Dewd... he knows the lyrics are wrong, he was posting if anybody else has heard funny lyrics in songs that you hear that aren't the real ones.

The closest thing I've heard is that one Blue song by Eiffel 65 where they have a bunch of meaningless syllables that I hear as "I'm in need of a guy" >_>

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
off topic: Dewd, are you Mr Satan? He had gravitation in his sig too o_O
I figured the 'Mr. Satan' title under his name would have been the giveaway.

Anyways, I have a habit of just making up my own lyrics to songs when I can't understand the real ones.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive never heard those lyrics...

I find it very difficult to make out what Dave Mustaine sings, and dont even get me started with the spanish metal, but the rest of it usually makes sense. As for Green Day... well, I would usually be too busy battering my brains out on the ground ("Oh my God, its horrible! Make the music stop!") to notice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Quoted for absolute truth.

But no... I usually hear songs the way they're supposed to be, or if something doesn't make sense I try to forget about it.

On a different note, after hearing the song 'Hollaback Girl' by Gwen Stefani, I immediatly wanted to jam a pencil in my ear. Cause that **** is bananas.
i sweat to god it says ... b-a-n-a-n-a-n

and the song makes no sense at all...

Best answers
It spells "holler" with an "a," of course it doesn't make no sense at all!!

I've never had problems like that, but I have had difficulty understanding some songs, then giving them lyrics I think they are... But "I wear cologne?" Wowzors...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anytime the word "shawty" is used either too much or at a song that makes it completely uneccesary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'll take you to the barber shop...

your head looks like a dirty mop...

-

i'll take you to the taco shop...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Psh, check out Muse's Bliss;

Giiiiiiiiiiiiiive me........all the piiiiiiiiss!!

I wanna piiiiiss!

....... must be because I'm not english.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
"Oh say can you see...."
I can see a warning. Stop spamming. You've been doing it quite often as of late, and this reminder isn't friendly, it's official. :warning:
---------

Billy Talent - Try Honest, the first time I heard the song, I thought he said "Forgive me father, I shot your brother." The real lyrics are "forgive me father, why should ya bother," but when ever I hear the song, even though I know the real lyrics, I still hear the ones I thought they were saying in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom