Greatest Axe Skills out there:

Who is the best guitarist out there living or dead?

• Stevie Ray Vaughn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Satriani

• Jimmy Page

• Yngwie Malmsteen

• Zack Wylde

• Randy Rhodes

• Neil Young

• Jimi Hendrix

• Almighty Gir (I wasn't gonna leave you out buddy)

• Other....Sorry If i left you out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
Ok folks's whose the best of the best in your opinion....I'm gonna base mine off of skill but you go right ahead and post your opinion. Please back it up I dont want to see anything like "OMG!!1!1 JIMI HENDRIX AMS TEH UBER ROXORS!!! HE WILL PWN JOO!!1!"

So my vote is gonna have to be a tie between Stevie Ray Vaughn for his uber talents on stage. I saw him going through a mad solo in "Couldn't Stand the Weather" busting a string he doesnt even miss a note before righting him self to another octave...sheer genius.

Joe Satriani is tied with him for first just because hes fricken awesome...I have heard enough of his stuff to know that he knows his way around a guitar. Im boting for SRV however because his talents are more diversified.

*edit* When I said Ax I just meant guitar in general...and for those of you who dont know...

Neil Young: arguably the best performer with the 12 string and harmonica...playing both simultaneously and flawlessly...

On top of that I would like to apologize to Mr. Carlos Santana for leaving him out...there were only 10 spaces :(

I would also like to apologize to Zakk Wylde for the misspelling in his name...

Once again I would kindly ask that you give specific reasons why you voted for who you did...i gave a very specific reason...if you guys could back up your opinions it would make it all the more pleasant.

Thank you :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll vote for Dave Mustaine. Ever heard Hangar 18? >;o

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone who didn't say Jimmy Paige should be shot ;P j/k

-Karrde-

Best answers
Since i dont know the other one im woting for Almighty Gir

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
Anyone who didn't say Jimmy Paige should be shot ;P j/k

-Karrde-
Amen.

I'm also a fan of Slash and Hendrix.

Clapton and Mason Williams kick major ass.

I voted for Gir though.

Had hendrix at first, but I edited my vote off Hendrix and added one to Gir :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats really nice you guys :D

i went with satriani, hes got the elements of everything. listen to the surfimg with the alien album and youll know.

Magus should be on the list as a budding potential tho :D

Best answers
Jimmy Page for the win and why? Led Zeppelin > your face :laff:

Classic Rock :yes: :yes: :yes:
The Who
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Doors
Pink Floyd
The Beatles OH YEAH!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
other- and that would be the one and only Kurt Hammet even though i like those other guys alot, i like hammets style. You forgot to put me in thier!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hammett doesnt have any style, he was tought by satriani, and still all he does is shred.

the only solo ive heard from him that sounded "stylish" was in the unforgiven, but satriani co-wrote that with him >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X said:
I'll vote for Dave Mustaine. Ever heard Hangar 18? >;o
You got that right. Megadeth kicks ass. :devsmile:

vox

Best answers
im almost surprised i dont see garcia on the list

but yeah, i said jimmi hendrix... though i just listened to neil young, and hes almost just as good , almost better
funnily enough, they not only can play, but they created harder rock genres for the future

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I knew a guy who treated Randy Rhodes as a God. Even had a shrine for him in his room. I didn't mind this, but any talk of any other bands than Black Sabbath was absolute blasphemy to this guy.

Anecdotes aside, I voted for Jimmy Paige. Yeah.

Best answers
Mick Jones. Why? The huge range of music. From punk to dub to disco to R&B to reggae.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
I knew a guy who treated Randy Rhodes as a God. Even had a shrine for him in his room. I didn't mind this, but any talk of any other bands than Black Sabbath was absolute blasphemy to this guy.

Anecdotes aside, I voted for Jimmy Paige. Yeah.

then that guy doesnt know what hes talking about, cos rhodes was NEVER in black sabbath, he was in Ozzy Osbourne. the guitarrist for Sabbath was Tony Iomi.

iid like to thank all those who have heard my music and voted for me :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny Hendrix story: Before Hendrix was big, he played a show somewhere in England, I think Liverpool, and a bunch of the prime guitarists of the era actually went together to see him. I know for certain Clapton and Townsend were there, but I recall there being at least 4 of them--I want to say Ritchie Blackmoore (sp?) was one of them.

Jimi plays, and they hear his sound, and at the end of the first song during the applause, Clapton turns to Townsend and says, "I think we're out of a job."

Personally, I think Dave Mustaine is an insane guitarist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom