Graphics Card Dummy...

Best answers
hey i'm a graphics card dummy... I have a NVIDA GeForce4 MC Graphics Card.. and apparently it's not good enough to play games like battlefeild 2 and fearless.. or butcher bay... any of you guys out there know a good graphics card that looks good for these games... you know nothing too expenseive.. my wallet is running dry... THnz Guyz..

Best answers
Yea... were gonna need to kno what kind of Cards your Mobo can support. Does it have just PCI slots? Or does it have an AGP slot?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ouch. I would suggest upgrading your motherboard then, if all your board can can't is PCI. If it can handle PCI-E though (which i doubt, seeing as no GeForce 4 was PCI-E), then you're fine.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are the other specs of your system beside your geforce4 mx?. (IE: Processor, how much memory you have).

Best answers
Yeah, a complete system upgrade might be needed, in order to play Fear and higher end games. I dont think any PCI Graphics card has the power to handle games like that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, a complete system upgrade might be needed, in order to play Fear and higher end games. I dont think any PCI Graphics card has the power to handle games like that.
Agreed. However I am pretty sure that he has a agp slot as I hardly saw any geforce4 mx cards for pci.

Again, I will state my opinion when I know his other system specs. If you are unsure of what they are, use a program such as CPU-Z and post screens of it (from the mainboard, processor and memory tabs).

Best answers
3000 + AMD ATHLON XP Processor ...160 GB 512 MB DDR SDRAM graphics card that i said earlier.. and agp slots.. yea.. scratch that.. i'm pretty sure i have em...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3000 + AMD ATHLON XP Processor ...160 GB 512 MB DDR SDRAM graphics card that i said earlier.. and agp slots.. yea.. scratch that.. i'm pretty sure i have em...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814131022 - ZOGIS ZO76GS-DAGP GeForce 7600GS 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail $139.99 ($119.99 after $20 rebate).

I'd also look at getting at least another 512mb of memory too, as 1gb of memory usually is the standard these days.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820141424 - Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory - Retail $54.99

Total upgrade cost: $194.98 - $20 rebate = $174.98.

However, in the long run it would be better into getting a new system in future, but if you want some good performance out of what you got now then this should bring your pc up to scratch for gaming.

Best answers
any other opinions... thnx fo that opinio... i'll look at that... looks like good buy...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im just going to butt in here and point out something from the link I originally posted. I would have posted more than it had I known you truely were a GPU newb, but here it is now.

Tom's Hardware said:
Best AGP Card For ~$140
Radeon X850 PRO

Codename: R530, 90-nanometer technology 12 Pixel Shaders, six Vertex Shaders, 12 Texture Units, 12 Raster Operations Processors 256-bit memory bus 520-MHz core, 540-MHz DDR (1400-MHz effective) Memory

The old X850 PRO has resurfaced in AGP circles, and delivers very, very respectable performance for the older interface. The 7600 GS and X1650 PRO cannot really compete with the raw power of the X850 PRO.
If you can find one of these, I'd go with it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im just going to butt in here and point out something from the link I originally posted. I would have posted more than it had I known you truely were a GPU newb, but here it is now.

If you can find one of these, I'd go with it.
The funny thing about that article is that the memory clock of a X850PRO is not 1400mhz, they need to learn to do their maths properly (540mhz = 1080mhz ddr).

Best answers
and these graphic card would enable me to play games like Battlefeild 2 and fear?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and these graphic card would enable me to play games like Battlefeild 2 and fear?
Yes, they should. You should get some pretty decent performance out of either of the cards recommended to you in this thread. Most games should play comfortably at medium detail settings for you, and in some cases high settings (depending on the game you're playing and what resolution you play it at).

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
*Sigh* 140 bucks for an 7600GS...
*Crys* Why cant it be the same price here! >.<

And my Athlon XP 3000
1gb of DDR
Geforce 7600GS
It can run any game at 1280x1024 at highest settings. (Without AA or AF)
Mind you I have done every god damn tweak known to man for Windows XP.
Adjusted my memory timings, Upgraded to a Sata HDD. (That was hell!).
So you should be happy it :)

In fact, I don't think I have ever owned a monitor that goes beyond 1280x1024!
Time to suck up to the parents for Christmas I think.

Best answers
would this make halo look better on my computer.. cuz right now it looks like crap...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would this make halo look better on my computer.. cuz right now it looks like crap...
Yes, it will.

Mind you Halo really isn't a intensive game these days for most newer gfx cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom