Graphic Crappy

Best answers
Erm, i have a decent graphics card but in highly graphical games if i move around i notice these lines , especially if i stand near a door and run left and right. I hope someone knows what i mean.
What would be the cause of it?

Best answers
Geforce Ti 4800 128 mb , and yeah i got the latest driver update

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vsync will drop your fps a great bit though, it locks mine in at 60, =(, but if ihave it off it usually stays at 75-100, but in high action battles it will drop down alot lower, i run cs at a smooth 95-100 fps though

Best answers
VSync was never turned off , so VSync isnt doing any magic for me.
Turning it off gives me some more fps , but it makes it even worse, i'd rather the game motion when turning look more fluid.

Best answers
Dude, v-sync has to be the prob.. and what vsync does is somethign about your monitors refresh rate.. it wont go past 60 because that will make those lines and stuff like that o_O you get what im saying? lol ...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vsynch is supposed to stop shearing, which is what's happening to you. If you have problems with it, you can turn it on to stall it. Make sure your screens refresh rate is set properly as well.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also what hertz is you monotor at? If it is at 60 I suggest you put it up to 75 - 80 as that will help.

Best answers
yeah it was on 60, i switched it to 75 , i think theres some improvement.
85 dont make any difference though.
still, if i go towards a door and move left and right i can see the doorway lines mishapen, but at least theres less lines in my scenery now.
i was thinking perhaps my motherboard can't support my graphics card fully or something?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are talking about HL it is the engine. My friends and I see stuff like that all the time... It is just that it is a very old engine and sometimes has trouble rendering. If you have this problem in a lot of other games there might be a problem.

Best answers
Nah this happens on bf1942 as well, so theres a problem hmm.
Well thanks for trying to help me guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom