Gotta hate spam

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
3,397
Best answers
0
Lately i'm getting mail with my mispelled name and crap which I didn't sign up for.

It's all scam and gambling letters. I have no clue what the frigging thing they are but I think my friends are using my name to do stupid offers for a free ipod and crap. How can I stop this raid of letters?

And the company that I recieved the letter from is Europa Casino. Now wtf. I'm going to the site and talking to the online supporters? Should I do that?
 
New Member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
320
Best answers
0
Most of them come from the same.."commercial dealer", and if you look at the bottom of the message, you will see a link for unsubscribing.(NOTE: not all of them have these stuff and it's not guaranteed to work)
I've changed 3 emails thanks to spam, and I've learnt how to keep it away. NEVER give away your email. Only for sites or forums u trust. In no way to a registration on a cool looking site. Have a backup email for that, just in case you need a confirmation link sent to your email. But NEVER give away your email.
 
Beta Tester Squad
💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Linked
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
3,088
Best answers
0
Or try to go to Bulk and bulk options and turn of bulk and you will not recive o and don't let the mesage from the bulk to go to your mail ,
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
3,397
Best answers
0
It's not email. It's real mail in my mailbox. They spell my name wrong, and then get the address way off. Hell they got the zip wrong.

Now, I don't know what's going on here but this needs to stop.
 
New Member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
320
Best answers
0
john_volkov said:
Or try to go to Bulk and bulk options and turn of bulk and you will not recive o and don't let the mesage from the bulk to go to your mail ,
Even if you have the BULK off, you can recieve stuff in INBOX!!!

I dunno fo sho, but i think bulk folder is only at yahoo

edit*
OH< MAIL

That sucks

Check them really carefully, and see if you find some kind of number or addres where you can unsubscribe
Anyway, it's not that bad...Just take them with your usual email, and throw them away...you don't have to open them O_O
 
Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
4,201
Best answers
0
same here just with millers and ****, got my name, got the adress where they got it from and bla bla bla, though the site isnt hosted since, a longer time... but mail is always different.
 

Annie

A
Guest
I hate spam mail too...but apparently the internet thinks i should enlarge my penis o_O
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
Lith said:
Lately i'm getting mail with my mispelled name and crap which I didn't sign up for.

It's all scam and gambling letters. I have no clue what the frigging thing they are but I think my friends are using my name to do stupid offers for a free ipod and crap. How can I stop this raid of letters?

And the company that I recieved the letter from is Europa Casino. Now wtf. I'm going to the site and talking to the online supporters? Should I do that?
If it was something I accidently signed for I just reply to the sender with the title "Unsubscribe", and jsut say in the email
example said:
Unsubscribe

Kind regards, your name here
I'm successful sometimes, sometiems I'm not. If it's a mail bot then It really becomes impossiblt, hence why I just keep a different mail account for stuff I have to sign up for nowa days.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
1,626
Best answers
0
I've had the same Gmail account for two years now and I never get spam. Weird.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
2,309
Best answers
0
You guys even read the thread? >_>

Lith said:
It's not email. It's real mail in my mailbox. They spell my name wrong, and then get the address way off. Hell they got the zip wrong.

Now, I don't know what's going on here but this needs to stop.
 
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
3,608
Best answers
0
Oh, didn't notice that.

It's more a matter of contacting someone in relation to the postal service then if that's the case (should they have a return address on the back of the letter/envolope), or just report harassment mail, or something 0_o.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
3,397
Best answers
0
Wow wtf, there's no return address on it thanks for pointing that out. ;0
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top