Best answers
The combat prevents me from trying the Gothic series again. =/

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The combat prevents me from trying the Gothic series again. =/
Why. Gothic has one of the best combat systems ive seen in an RPG. I dare say its better than the elder scrolls.

Gothic 2 being the best skill wise and Gothic 4 being the best action whise, and Gothic 3 being the worst cause its unfinished.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gothic 3 is the one I played. >.<

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gothic 3 is the one I played. >.<
Your loss.

With Gothic 1 and 2 they made you time your blocks or else it didnt work. Also getting yourself surrounded got you killed off fast without an escape plan. Ofcourse Gothic 2 had a more refined system with the keyboard commands of using it.

Gothic 3 as well, unfinished. Heck the manual for the thing even describes a jumping slash attack that didt get in because the deadline was there and they didnt have it working correctly. Additionally there are tons of bugs and stuff. The entire Gothic 3 project seems rushed, unfinished and definitely unpolished with loads of exploits.

They fixed that a bit with Gothic 4. They made the system lockon based, reminds me of LOK: Defiance a bit with similar moves, but a bit less hack and slash. The system works surprisingly well even with the charged magic system where charging a spell for longer will not make it stronger, but instead use the higher tier spell i that tree. They however failed badly at making an open world RPG like the rest of the Gothic series were. They guide you from one town to another and in each town you get a choice of 2 fractions you can support. But in the end it only serves enough to get you to the next town, nothing more. The plot is as linear as playing Super Mario. Though the story is still somewhat decent, but nothing compared to the first 2.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I tried this mod last night. I had some trouble starting up Gothic 2 because it doesn't mix well with Windows 7 64bit.
There are some servers out there, 3 of them had people on it. All of them were polish (I think), so it was hard to make sense of what was going one.
There was an RP server which seemed like a fun idea, especially considering that the population limit was like 140. However there were only five players online, me included. They also didn't speak english, so whatever RP-ing there was I couldn't take part off. Still, it was fun to use the /pee animation near people or from the top of buildings. Oh, it was set in Khorinis.
The other server I joined had 15 people online and was set in the Colony from Gothic 1. The gamemode was some kind of Deathmatch taking place in the Old Camp. I must say, it really had the feeling and atmosphere of the first two games. You could choose between the 3 camps and pick a class which corresponded to the main NPCs.

As a side note, this modification allows the players to customize their character to some extent. One can customize the head model, the head texture, the body texture and the walking animation.

I'm sure that if the game had a bigger community, this mod would become even more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom