Gotenks WIP

Best answers
OK...my second model post here so i'll just get right to it...i decided to stop gohan due to no reason to finish it cause of....(nevermind)

Ok so i decided to start on gotenks. The way i started it was from the bottom of the stomach is...like the bottom of the six is...and worked my way up. I didn't get to the hair and the reason there is no neck is cause i didn't like how it looks so i just decided to make it later. I am not too good with hair so thats going to be the hardest hard for me to make, The gohan was just a newbish way of doing hair i guess cause under the hair and head is really where i just made like a box and extruded it. The way i made the head was by using a ref on the side view and drawing it with the line tool and just extruding it and putting it together half-way and just mirroring it...not symettry cause that just screws things up. If you have any advice or tips on how to easily make hair that would be much appreciated. i plan on doing the vest thing last. i still have to fix the head on the side but whatever for now. Here is the screen.

Hope its not bad(i think for a start i have way to many polies(poly:834)) :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol he has bigger boobs than Android 18 XD

So far so good, let's see how this will turn out, though i really doubt that if u keep up using so many pollies Gotenks wont make it ingame.

Best answers
well i guess when i am done i can take out all the unessecery polys which there are alot on the face and otherones

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
scope said:
OK...my second model post here so i'll just get right to it...i decided to stop gohan due to no reason to finish it cause of....(nevermind)

Ok so i decided to start on gotenks. The way i started it was from the bottom of the stomach is...like the bottom of the six is...and worked my way up. I didn't get to the hair and the reason there is no neck is cause i didn't like how it looks so i just decided to make it later. I am not too good with hair so thats going to be the hardest hard for me to make, The gohan was just a newbish way of doing hair i guess cause under the hair and head is really where i just made like a box and extruded it. The way i made the head was by using a ref on the side view and drawing it with the line tool and just extruding it and putting it together half-way and just mirroring it...not symettry cause that just screws things up. If you have any advice or tips on how to easily make hair that would be much appreciated. i plan on doing the vest thing last. i still have to fix the head on the side but whatever for now. Here is the screen.

Hope its not bad(i think for a start i have way to many polies(poly:834)) :]
Keep the chest, it looks about right.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems to me that the forehead is too pointy. If I were you I'd move those two vertices 2nd from the top in the middle forward to create a smoother transition.

Best answers
*poofs the ref*

You should probably start from scratch again. The model has a bad start and by redoing it by following some decent refs you can get a better feel for your polys and how to use em because the count is wayyy to high to do anything with. If you need references many artists have posted wireframes around of how they use their polys in this forum

Best answers
omg! polygon over kill = o

you realy dont need so much polygons on the chest, if a polygon is not foriming a shape , its not needed then.

and you realy goota pay attentin to the overall shape, and the chest bobs looks not conected to the rest of the torso, and man use smothing groupseh !!. But its not looking that bad, keep practicing : ] and stick to David ref ; ]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something about that ref looks sort of odd...eh, I dunno.

I think the models' perfect so far for video, because nobody doing it for game would be stupid enough to waste polys making the details of the ears geometrically. Its a fine idea if you're cel shading, but I would just use a skin-map myself.

Yeah, watch out for wasted polys, unless you're going for super flesh-realistic motion for the rig. Anyway, you're doing fine.

Best answers
hmm i smooth it out at the end i am plan on reducing the polycount later and i don't plan on starting from scratch cause i am really happy of this model...And thanks for the ref but i am using a better ref than that. i plan on having this model ingame and i know that if i keep the poly the way its going its a nono but i know what i am doing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's a front ref for Gotenks, from the manga.

Good luck, scope :yes:

Best answers
Well heres an update...just made the pants and still have to finish up with the belt. It only has 1061 polies right now and just the arms, hair, feet, neck have to be done and it is definetly going to be below 2000 with out polies reduced and still with all the unessecery and overlapping polies later on at the end.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe you need some tool like i use i gues xD doing freakn high/midpoly and then let the tool cut all unneeded polys and then jst add deforming rows to it, ;) go on, wanna see the final result heh.

Best answers
theres a tool for that?!?! if there is i would love to have it

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
hehe you need some tool like i use i gues xD doing freakn high/midpoly and then let the tool cut all unneeded polys and then jst add deforming rows to it, ;) go on, wanna see the final result heh.
"Tool"? A tool for what?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can we have a close up wires shot of the ears and chest/abs? It looks like you've put a lot of polies into details that could be skinned on. The overall shape looks good though, I can see it turning out to look accurate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol Lightwave xD it has a reduce point, as polys tool, you can modefie how much you want to get away , means how much detail should it keep. It mostly cuttest a 2400 tri poly to a 1200 poly mesh, mostly to half,

there came a plugin in latly to wich broli linked me in befor, it cuts polys even with saving the uvmap, pretty handy or? =)

so you actually can skin a model, and later you can double the tri count for compiling the model with outlines to esf =)

Best answers
if your using max use the high res modifier, it will cut dawn the number of polys if used right without changing the mesh shape

Best answers
jeese sounds good...i wish there was a plugin for max like that, i just may have to get lightwave just cause of that :)

edit...wait the high res modifier? i'll check that out

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in max, select your object, then in the modifiers stack, hit "optimise".

job done.

Best answers
i tried that optimize and it does nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom