Got to love the cable/internet tech support.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well a few weeks ago my gf decided to get this new fancy internet phone thing without telling me because I was away on work for about 3 days. Anyways she called ahead to bell(My phone service company) and told them to disconnect our phone line on the 8th or something like that when the next bill is usually do because cogeco (My isp) told her they would be able to install on the 7th well thats fine and dandy I came home she told me and was quite curious how this new internet phone thing worked. So the 7th comes around and nobody shows up I ended up staying home for nothing because my gf doesn't know jack **** about computers and such so I wanted to be around just in case they ran into any problems. I called cogeco and they told me nothing like that was booked and I started to get a little angry on the phone and she tells me well we can schedule another hook up date for next week which was for Dec 13 and said alright fine and told her if this isn't booked I will personally go down and talk with your supervisors or managers about this bull****.

Well Dec 13 shows up which was yesterday and again no show so I really got pissed off and blasted them right away when I phoned them because I booked another day off to make sure I am home because for one I don't trust those technicians period. She said to me sorry we were really busy but we can defiantly get someone out friday for sure and I said fine. Well today I get home from work and I see they came my g/f told me everything and lone and behold something was screwed up the new modem they gave me is faulty. It kept saying network cable is unplugged down near my icon tray but the phone is working and before they installed this piece of **** modem my other RCA modem was working just fine. So I said to my gf why the hell didn't he check to make sure my damn internet was working before he left and of course I got the "I don't know" answer. I quickly got back on the phone with them and said right away your technicians should all be fired because they lack the common knowledge to check things before leaving and I want a replacement modem sent out immediately. She said to me "Well we can send someone out tuesday for you Mr. Lipovac" I was just pissed right off at this point because I've got the good old toss around again. So anyways I found my old USB cord to connect my modem to my pc for the time being but having **** ass speeds and get to deal with this till tuesday if they even come that is.

If you actually sat and read this whole thing I applaud you and thank you for listening to my rant/ramble and if you got a story about an ISP technician or any other company technician feel free to share I would like to know I'm not the only one getting ****ed around.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well a few weeks ago my gf decided to get this new fancy internet phone thing without telling me because I was away on work for about 3 days. Anyways she called ahead to bell(My phone service company) and told them to disconnect our phone line on the 8th or something like that when the next bill is usually do because cogeco (My isp) told her they would be able to install on the 7th well thats fine and dandy I came home she told me and was quite curious how this new internet phone thing worked. So the 7th comes around and nobody shows up I ended up staying home for nothing because my gf doesn't know jack **** about computers and such so I wanted to be around just in case they ran into any problems. I called cogeco and they told me nothing like that was booked and I started to get a little angry on the phone and she tells me well we can schedule another hook up date for next week which was for Dec 13 and said alright fine and told her if this isn't booked I will personally go down and talk with your supervisors or managers about this bull****.

Well Dec 13 shows up which was yesterday and again no show so I really got pissed off and blasted them right away when I phoned them because I booked another day off to make sure I am home because for one I don't trust those technicians period. She said to me sorry we were really busy but we can defiantly get someone out friday for sure and I said fine. Well today I get home from work and I see they came my g/f told me everything and lone and behold something was screwed up the new modem they gave me is faulty. It kept saying network cable is unplugged down near my icon tray but the phone is working and before they installed this piece of **** modem my other RCA modem was working just fine. So I said to my gf why the hell didn't he check to make sure my damn internet was working before he left and of course I got the "I don't know" answer. I quickly got back on the phone with them and said right away your technicians should all be fired because they lack the common knowledge to check things before leaving and I want a replacement modem sent out immediately. She said to me "Well we can send someone out tuesday for you Mr. Lipovac" I was just pissed right off at this point because I've got the good old toss around again. So anyways I found my old USB cord to connect my modem to my pc for the time being but having **** ass speeds and get to deal with this till tuesday if they even come that is.

If you actually sat and read this whole thing I applaud you and thank you for listening to my rant/ramble and if you got a story about an ISP technician or any other company technician feel free to share I would like to know I'm not the only one getting ****ed around.
Wow what ****tards. They seriously should all be fired. And paragraphs man paragraphs o_o

But yeah, that really sucks =/ Sorry to hear all this **** had to happen.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya usually I do make a lot of paragraphs but rage + typing = the don't care attitude. :)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, my step-father was basically on three-way with his lawyer and threatened to contact the BBB last week, since my Cable/ISP company has decided to go into half-ass mode, but unhesitant to offer "faster and more optional" solutions at unreasonable prices.

I love this ****ing country.

Best answers
I remember my friend had to wait half an year before anybody got around and installed the DSL for them. He waited and called many, many times and only thing he got was useless promises that they will come next week. They never did. In the end he called another DSL provider and ended up having internet set up and working in about 2 weeks.
So this problem isnt only at your country, i think this problem is global.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, Mr. Lipovac.

When I called Earthlink to install the cable crap, they told me they'd be at my house between 10am and 7 pm.

They came at 6:45pm. 2 weeks later.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

i would be pissed off too, god damn retards -.-
i had this kind of problem week ago, my internet stopped from working due to restoration in my dwelling house, they tried everything, asked me if the cable is out of the cord(which obviously wasn't because they checked out BEFORE they asked me) anyways, for this whole god damn week i've been suffering this, they trieing to "help" me just to come over and check if the cable is out! anyways, the workers just somehow took the internet network off from the downstairs(where are all the people's internet bandwidth and speed determined in dwelling houses) and just turned on, put a note on every door : "we are sorry for inconvenience" this got my nerves tight..

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I know your feeling. Perhaps you should call the company super visor? I mean, they made promises that they can't even damn keep and they screwed things over.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aha. Ahahaha. Hahahahahaha.

Oh, I've got a story for ya. But here's the short version.

We haven't had internet and phone capability for OVER TWO WEEKS NOW.

We've called. We've pleaded. We've yelled. Tech support is lazy and incompetent. The operators at the call centre are rude and also incompetent. We have had no official apology or any reimbursement, even though they still know how to take the money from our bank account.

We're pissed as hell and are thinking of taking legal action on the count of a breach of contract (failure to deliver a service within a reasonable amount of time).

We can deal with internet being down for a few days, but the phone? That's ****ing ridiculous. We've got a subscription for both phone and internet at the same ISP, but we're thinking of switching back to our own phone provider. At least that **** worked 100% of the time, even if it was more expensive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, Mr. Lipovac.

When I called Earthlink to install the cable crap, they told me they'd be at my house between 10am and 7 pm.

They came at 6:45pm. 2 weeks later.
Call each company, and the one that manages to install it first gets you as a customer.

Us North American types are getting ass raped when it comes to internet access. It's somewhat worse in the States, but from everything I've heard, Europe has it alot better than us. Faster speeds, lower prices, and their internet companies would probably have to all take the day off simultaneously to match the horrible service around here.

Best answers
Call each company, and the one that manages to install it first gets you as a customer.

Us North American types are getting ass raped when it comes to internet access. It's somewhat worse in the States, but from everything I've heard, Europe has it alot better than us. Faster speeds, lower prices, and their internet companies would probably have to all take the day off simultaneously to match the horrible service around here.
I dont know about the prices or speeds but at least service doesnt feel like its any better you say. At least not in the country-side i live in. Calling in customer support means endless waiting in queues and hardly ever ends up fixing the problem.
And we have 2048kbits/s DL and 512kbits UL speeds that costs 50euros/month.
Whats the deal with different download and upload speeds anyway?

I think we are being tricked... ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never mind, you're getting shafted too. I had to convert currency and kb/s to kB/s to figure it out, but in comparison to you...

I pay the equivalent of 19.79 euros for a 1320 kbit/s recieving connection (it's supposedly 1.5Mb/s, but I've never seen it above 165 kB/s), and 512 kbit/s upload. For another 6.60 euros, I could add another 1.5 Mb/s, and the next 3 Mb/s after that are another 6.60. Only things is, I can only up the upload to 1 Mb/s, so I would spend all my bloody time seeding...

Best answers
Well, seeing as you got it delayed for two weeks, i had the same thing delayed for SIX MONTHS!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh when we swiched to the new ISP we were without a phone oir connection for 2 weeks because those ****tards didnt send a copy of thecontract in time for the technitian to see it. >.>

It took them 2 friggin weeks to make a photocopy of a contract signed a month earlier and send it in time for the technitian to verify it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom