Got My New Axe!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it was actually like a few weeks ago when I got it, i've just been too lazy to take some pics till today. Anyways, It's an Ibanez RGT42-BP, I got it used (everything is still in perfect condition) off of ebay for $400 american. Retail price is around $799.99 I believe (don't quote me on that). Either way, it was a good deal (Came with a hardcase too), and I love this thing. The neck practically molds around my hand and it couldn't be more comfortable. Stock pick-ups actually don't sound that bad, but i'm still gonna replace them with some Dimarzios (Tone Zone for the bridge, Air Norton for the neck). It's my first Floyd Rose equipped guitar, and my god was setting it up a pain. It also didn't help that:
A) It shipped all the way from texas to British Columbia, Canada, so things were kinda out of wack.
B) It had a set of 10s on it, so when I changed strings to 09s, I had to go and readjust everything.

Anyways, I eventually got everything under control, and now the thing plays like a dream. Definately a step up from my old Squier Strat that I bought for 60 bucks. :p

And before I forget, pictures!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i need to learn how to play.

sounds nice. even though i dont know **** about guitars

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um... voila?

Looks pretty sweet, man. I've never played a guitar with a tremolo. How's it feel?

Were there any hassles with shipping accross the boarder? I've always wondered about that when on eBay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Um... voila?

Looks pretty sweet, man. I've never played a guitar with a tremolo. How's it feel?

Were there any hassles with shipping accross the boarder? I've always wondered about that when on eBay.
Nope, no hassles at all. Just make sure you use a currency converter and bid in american dollars, not canadian. The shipper will be able to tell you shipping fees if you email him, and of course you will probably have to pay duty once it gets here. Their isn't any real surprises though.

Well, I got my bridge set so it's pretty tight. Gotta give it some force to dip down and pull back and stuff, I don't like it super loose. Overall, It doesn't feel too different from a hardtail really. Regarding the entire guitar, it feels well, smooth I guess. The neck is real flat, I really like the feel of it, It's super comfortable to just wrap my hand right around it. It's a neck-through too, so playing up high is nice and comfy as well. I got the action set low, and overall the guitar just plays smooth and fast.

I'm gonna mod out the trem bar though. It's an older style ibanez trem, the Lo-TRS Trem II, and the trem bar has this little screw on mechanism that tends to come loose and jiggle around. All I need to do though is take some nailpolish and put some on the ends of it and it should fit in their nice and snug. I just have to not be lazy and actually do it sometime, although to be honest its not that big of a deal so I'm in no hurry. Later down the road, I might just replace the whole trem system with an Original Floyd Rose. The LO-TRS Trem II isn't exactly the best trem out their, and an OFR would slide right in without any need for some body routing. But that'll just be something I'll do If I happen to have some extra money lying around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I totally thuoght you meant the other Axe, I was gonna call you an MMO freak D:

Looks great! Record something and put it on here. I wanna hear how badly you can rip, killer! :yes:

Best answers
You got my hopes up. I thought you literally meant an axe.. a la Sword Masters.com

Oh well, can't win'em all. That's a really sweet guitar, dude. I have one quite similar, although, it's a Profile.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.. I thought that um... that an axe looked like this:

But I could be mistaken. I play guitar; but that doens't mean i know much about them :x

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash's resembles an ax. That looks like a V. I'm gonna say thats a V-tar. I obviously know what I'm talking about. Obviously.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Axeman is a slang term for a guitarist, "axe" in this case referring to the guitar.

So, any guitar can be considered an "axe."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom