Got an half-life 2 account

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
itr said:
If you're caught stealing/phising accounts, Valve WILL disable your account and give the stolen account back to the rightful owner.
Wana bet. Valve will disable the acount and CD-key. Permanantly. The righttfull owner will only get it back IF he provideas proof and pays to have the CD-keys reset.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega what's valve email i know some one that his accout has been stolen

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol no no and no. xD bwahah

the cdkey gets away from its account only if the person, who owns the original copy of the cdkey from valve, will send them a mail with a copy of the copy of the cdkey in their company or else, they will remove the accounts cdkey.

So you would be able to reuse the cdkey for your own new account.

btw. how are they will be able to automaticly remove "your" account, may you dont have an own one?

they cant prove anything.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
PiXel said:
they cant prove anything.
On accounts they log IP address, they can do a quick search of the DB and see if you own one and if your IP matches one of the accounts on there, bye bye.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Grega said:
Wana bet. Valve will disable the acount and CD-key. Permanantly. The righttfull owner will only get it back IF he provideas proof and pays to have the CD-keys reset.
I got a steam account from a friend half year ago, it got disabled and steam emailed me that the "rightful" owner has recovered his account. I highly doubt you have to pay for something you already paid for. How ever, you do have to proof the account is yours with a copy of your key.

On accounts they log IP address, they can do a quick search of the DB and see if you own one and if your IP matches one of the accounts on there, bye bye.
You can't just solve things with checking up the IP's. The owner could always log in from different locations, or the stolen account IP's is being used more then the original owner. Or even the owner has a dynamic IP which always changes in xx hours / days or each time he reconnects to the internet by using dial up for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom