Got a PS3, need suggestions

Best answers
So yeah, nabbed me a PS3, and Valkyria Chronicles.

So what are some good games that I need to get?

I plan on getting:

MGS4
Killzone2

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Infamous
LittleBigPlanet

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you dont have fallout 3 on 360 give the ps3 one a shot, i hear they are releasing a version of it with all the DLC pretty soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There aren't too many games exclusively for the PS3 which are worth buying. You already have Valkyria Chronicles which is probably the best game out for it right now.

If you enjoy a challenge I would suggest picking up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 when it comes out later this month or next month.

Other than that you can look here and see if anything strikes your fancy:
http://www.backloggery.com/games.php?user=pain&console=PS3
http://www.backloggery.com/games.ph...S3&rating=&status=&own=&region=&wish=1&alpha=

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is everyone talking so much about Fallout3? It's just lame!
That's your opinion. If you ask the critics, or even a few people here, you'll find that there are those who'd greatly disagree with you.

Having said that, if you have a PC capable of running Fallout 3, I'd pass on the 360 or PS3 versions - the PC version has a construction utility available, which means the amount of user-made content will be staggering (not unlike the case with TES4).

Best answers
Thanks for the suggestions. I have Fallout3 on the PC, and got bored with it after a couple of hours.

Best answers
Fat Princess is pretty fun.
Demon's Souls is just plain awesome, one of the best games this generation.
Uncharted was a great rent. (Rent it for a weekend)
Street Fighter IV is also pretty fun.

Can't think of any others atm.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ridge racer 7 is a good racing game with its drifting ability

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warhawk. Seriously.

It's online only, but I play that more than any other online shooter out there. The battles you are in are just epic, yet distinctively quirky because of the art style.

Prototype is pretty awesome. inFamous, while not quite as awesome imo, is a PS3 exclusive and is most definitely worth a rent.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The gameplay is slow and lame, in my opinion. For me, it isn't worth playing, though there are a lot of people who did enjoy the game.
Fixed.

I've heard a few good things about that "Uncharted" game, but that's only really second-hand info, as I've never tried it. It's times like these that I wish I knew more people who have PS3's.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never tried Uncharted myself, but a lot of people seem to like it. You are already getting MGS4 which is probably one of the best games out there for the PS3 at the moment.

Try Deadspace, good Thriller/Horror game, awesome atmosphere.
You'll definitly want to get InFamous (or Prototype, haven't played the latter one though, but a lot of people seem to like it as well).
GTA4 if you didn't try it on the PC.
Call of Duty 4, although 'old', it is still a blast to play online.
Try out some demo's on the Playstation Network Store.

Best answers
Trying InFamous and some other games on the PSN Store.

I own Dead Space on the PC, as well as GTA4 and COD4. Prototype got old FAST since to this day it has not been patched once on any console aside from the patch for the PS3 that fixed the game not starting bug.

Tried the uncharted demo. Looks very good, and gameplay seams solid. A rental is in the future.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Uncharted is really good. But it has its random extremely hard difficulty spikes. The running, jumping, swinging, etc system is also tons of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom