Google+

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So... Google+ will eventually be released. I am eager to know what will happen eventually.

What do you say? Google+ will beat Facebook? Currently face book has around 700 million subscribers, can you imagine half of them abandoning it for Google's?

Thing is, you can log in to G+ with your Gmail and many people already use it.

I definitely see myself using it, as I don't have Facebook and I would like to be a part of it on the launch, which I missed with facebook.

What do you think?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still don't understand the point of facebook. I think I'll pass on this one, too.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Itll be a success. If not for other reasons itll be because its google brand. Face it everything Google throws out is an insta hit.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Not exactly. They already tried to compete with facebook with google buzz. they failed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have been playing around on Google+ and... it looks like they are just trying to use the information for searches you like.... the whole time...

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 or 3 years ago i didn't even have a FB account(or accounts on other socialization sites). So why did i make a FB account? Well i was trying to get some chick from my class(i was in high school) and she was using it a lot.
What did i get? Just a FB account that i don't really have a use for. :)
So Google+ just doesn't tempt me. Unless......nah forget it.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FB is convenient for me because I can keep track of my family. Over the years, my Aunts have manged to spread all over the US. It helps me keep up with my numerous cousins and old friends, especially since I'm not one to call on the phone. Every once in a while I write on my page like a blog, using it to chronicle my son's birth for my family, for example. I just have to remember that it pulls shady privacy **** now and again and that you can never, ever win at a social game, you can only lose.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like giving out my number to a lot of people. If I need to ask a teacher/friend something I can go on FB. If I want people to look at something I made or something that is funny/interesting, I post it. I love posting statuses because I like to vent or make jokes, I virtually never use it for actual "ugh work in the morning" posts.

So I have what I need. I don't have a need for Google+ if facebook is fine. I honestly think it will be the FireFox-Chrome relationship. First FireFox (facebook) was the outlier and it was is different and better than IE (MySpace), so a relatively small percentage switched. Now Firefox is "the thing" and some have feel it has gotten bloated, so Chrome (google+) comes along and people jump ship to try something different.

I woud love FB to have competition but I have no intention on managing 2 social networking sites.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see social networking as a narcissist's hobby. I have no interest in sharing everything I do with people. Especially people I don't give a damn about.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the moment I don't see anything that Google+ does that Facebook doesn't do. If Google wants the market share they need to differentiate themselves and offer something new and unique.

I use FB a lot to keep in touch with people I like, share interesting/amusing/insightful things that I come across and organise events with friends. Also in my line of work I've developed a small number of FB apps. To me, Google+ is just another social networking site. If it does take over FB or if my friends all start jumping ship or even if my work decides that it's more profitable to use G+ then I'll end up making an account. In the meantime I don't really see the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom