goodbye won.....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's worked for me everytime - so meh - besides searching first helps a lot of that.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Haha, I really doubt that'll happen Barney. Some of our players also play CS, and I would seriously doubt that thousands of CS players are going to quit cold turkey because they have to download a version of Steam that is better than what they probably played last.
wel lots of ppls dont like 1.6(cs oldies i think o_O) so they play 1.5...also lots of ppls have ****ty comps...every update causeing new problems for ppls....there was a time i tink where 1.5 only had like 10000 ppls compared to steams 90000...but after afew of steams "updates" that changed www.gamespy.com/stats

oh yes 56kbs wont move over iff there life depended on it either....the updates i tel u....u dont know how bad modems r until u tried em...could rant on for hours about em but to lazy

Best answers
hmmm... i like won and now i hear it will die.... i dunno anything about steam and heard that it sux.... i only heard... i just wanna use won because it's easy
explain me.... why is won so "evil"? i'm happy with it
and who cares that people use won?.... ;/
oh yeah... and IF i can't use steam to play esf i think i should quit playing esf :shocked:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam has a new engine so to speak, so that theres more enhancments and has smoother game play for new mods and stuff. Apparently much easier to code and work with as well.

Best answers
WON served it's purpose. Steam is a better choice for gaming since you can get more "interactive" with it.

Best answers
Gimp, nice Gaara head o_O.

Steam was once bad, in the planning stage, and now, I find that it is better than WON in everyway.

-You don't have to wait for the whole update to finish before you can choose the server you want. (You can do the same with WON, but you have to cancel it.)

-Easier to use. (mostly)

-...easier to use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its simple, won was good 7 years ago when hl came out (whenever the year was), now steam is here to take its place, it is far better then won ever was. People just need to take 5 mins and learn how to use it.

Sound Artist
Best answers
I always hated Won's interface. Steam is much more clean and responsive for me. Anyone who has problems installing or using Steam hates it.

Best answers
Yeah exactly. I am among 3 of my friends - Friends that I know personaly - that use steam, the 16 people who play on won are stupid. I told them to download it because it's alot better. They all did, they couldn't get it working, I explained to all of them individualy what to do, they still couldn't get it. I don't know how dumb you can be to not know how to work steam lol, you install, make an account with your cd key and you're done. They will die with won, (Gaming wise)... pisses me off... im going to drive to all of their houses and install it for them and make them look stupid.

vox

Best answers
" make an account with your cd key and you're done. "

uhh, too bad thousands of people can't get their legit cdkeys to work on steam
it has nothing to do with stupidity

Best answers
This is because it's either a screw up when he bought it. Meaning, sometimes companys screw up cd keys, it will work with there default .. server... stuff, but if it's moved to something else it screws up and doesnt work. If you don't know what I'm talking about Im sorry... Im really tired and doing everything half assed

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's BS. If you had half life installed before you started up steam it'll take the key from your original copy of half life, but I'll bet a whole bunch of people using half life don't have legitimate keys because it's such an old game. They probably lost their cases or manuals or whatever and just found another key somewhere else or from a friend, and now they're paying for it.

Best answers
[RaideN] said:
Yeah exactly. I am among 3 of my friends - Friends that I know personaly - that use steam, the 16 people who play on won are stupid. I told them to download it because it's alot better. They all did, they couldn't get it working, I explained to all of them individualy what to do, they still couldn't get it. I don't know how dumb you can be to not know how to work steam lol, you install, make an account with your cd key and you're done. They will die with won, (Gaming wise)... pisses me off... im going to drive to all of their houses and install it for them and make them look stupid.
first.....chil out...2nd...just because steam works for you dosent meen itl work for everyone else in the world...steams beta and stil has bugs an all...heres an example...on my old comp(windows me) i installed it and after i restarted everything on it got disabled....it coudent detect the vidio card...sound card....noutehen...so u can probebly imagine the 8bits with no sound or anything...just think about playen warcraft 3 in safe mode....then disable everything else that safe mode enabled...on my new comp i instaled it and had problems whenever it updated but im sure you'v all experinced that :)

@ boyster ehe most ppls who dint have valid cd keys probebly just instaled steam when it first came out...cause it dosent tke a rocket scientist to know it was to unstable to validate cd keys :)

it was weird when it acpected a bunch of 3s but good thing i was able to change it to my real one before steam got its "validation" technoligy

Best answers
its about damn time WON is killed, maybe now there will be some quality ESF servers out there.

Best answers
i don't know much about steam ... but can i play LAN games even if WON is killed?
if i can... then there's no problem because i never play online games....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes you can use steam offline.

Like its been said before - steam is far superior to WON - anybody who isn't using it (even my friend on 56k has it and it works pretty well) doesn't know what they're missing out on :)

Best answers
and if WON is killed... can i still use WON on LAN or not?
i even don't know how to get steam....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom