Good sites to learn from for new people to ESF

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks, but we kinda have stickies for this. -_-

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=69521
I realize that....but judging from all the threads about basic things ie. transforming....people either dont read it, read all the way through, or don't understand whats being said due to not understanding english very well.

Assuming they have installed ESF without any problems.

I thought Id provide a quick and simple way for newcomers to get the info they most likey are looking for, how to play.

Besides, some of the links are still screwy in that thread.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The stickies are meant to be a quick and simple way for newbies to learn. You don't need to make a thread. If their problem is that they don't speak English, then linking them to another English site isn't going to help them (unless they speak German which ESF-World is also written in, then it would, but still).

If they can't find the answer to their problem, then they should make a thread. If they didn't think to read the stickies or use the search button, why would they read this thread and not just make their own?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I guess I'll install a plugin that forces new users that just registered to read some important threads and information before they can really post.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The stickies are meant to be a quick and simple way for newbies to learn. You don't need to make a thread. If their problem is that they don't speak English, then linking them to another English site isn't going to help them (unless they speak German which ESF-World is also written in, then it would, but still).
I just figured that the visuals would be easier to understand.

If they didn't think to read the stickies or use the search button, why would they read this thread and not just make their own?
Thats kinda why I titled the thread the way I did, in hopes they would catch the simple English terms I used.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best way to learn is to play :). Those flash tutorials are OK for figuring out what does what but practice works far better, the only thing I learned from the flash tutorial is the kick in advanced melee.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I guess the only way we will find out if this is helpful or not, is to see if the volume of "basic" knowledge type threads declines or stays the same, time will tell I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom