Good quotes

Best answers
'Stupidity, it's a very serious quality'
'Don't try to beat a dumb man in stupidity, because he will beat you with experience'
'You don't have to do anything in school'

All got from my teachers who I respect so much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"How do you do it Kakarot? You've always been this way. Ever since the first day I met you. Always ready to meet the next challenge, even if it's bigger than you are. 'So, we meet at last! We have been expecting you, Kakarot... we were beginning to think that you wouldn't show. Hopefully things will get a little more interesting around here! How can this be happening?! I am a Super Elite! The Prince of all Saiyans! He... is nothing but a low level! A common soldier! I AM ONE OF THE GREATEST FIGHTERS IN THE UNIVERSE!' It was the same on Namek, you had improved so much, Recoome thought you were standing still. I... I thought you had done it! I thought you had become a Super Saiyan! It tore me apart! How could a low class soldier accomplish so easily, what I, I had struggled my whole life to achieve?! 'After three millenium it has finally happened, a new Super Saiyan has emerged! And, somehow... I have become this fatuous witness!' And then at last it happened... I too transformed. Living every moment of every day for that singular purpose of surpassing you, I finally became a Super Saiyan myself. The Prince had reclaimed his throne and fulfilled his destiny! But no matter how strong I became, your powers still exceeded mine. At first I thought it was your loved ones, and your instinct to protect them that spired you on and pushed you beyond your limits. But then, I found myself with a family of my own, and my power... didn't increase at all. I used to fight for the sheer pleasure of it, for the thrill of the hunt! I ... spared NO ONE! And yet, you show mercy to everyone, even your fiercest enemies... even me! Yet, you've never fought to kill, or for revenge... but, to gain excitement from testing your enemies ... and in the process, become the greatest protector this planet has known. It makes me angry just thinking about it! But... perhaps it is my anger that has made me blind to the truth for so long. I see it now, this day has made it all too clear! You're better than me Kakarot... you are the best..." ~Vegeta

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us." ~Alexander Graham Bell

"Don't worry about life, you're not going to survive it anyway."

Best answers
I have one that is very short, but is used everyday.

"**** happens"

very common one, but im not sure if it is considered a quote or not.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
'Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain,' Rand al'Thor; Lews Therin Kinslayer. The Wheel of Time: The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fight Club > your soul.

"You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?"

"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

"Home was a condo on the fifteenth floor of a filing cabinet for widows and young professionals. The walls were solid concrete. A foot of concrete is important when your next-door neighbor lets their hearing aid go and have to watch game-shows at full volume. Or when a volcanic blast of debris that used to be your furniture and personal effects blows out of your floor-to-ceiling windows and sails flaming into the night. I suppose these things happen."

"In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway."

I'm done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you understand others you are smart.

If you understand yourself you are illuminated.

If you overcome others you are powerful.

If you overcome yourself you have strength.

If you know how to be satisfied you are rich.

If you can act with vigor, you have a will.

If you don't lose your objectives you can be long-lasting.

If you die without loss, you are eternal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom