Good quotes

Best answers
post em..anyones that u feel are good and have some sort of meaning..they can be about anything..doesnt matter..just post em aswell as where u got it from if possible ..ill start :)

Right and wrong are not what seperate us from our enemies.
its our standpoints,our differnt prespectives. - Credits: Squall FF8

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, I 'm pretty fure there are more profound ones but...

"Do you know what lies beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it, it's yours!"-Achillies, Troy

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets,'

'The gun doesn't kill, the gunner does,'

'If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be enthusiasm.'

'Early to bed, early to rise!' Kon, Bleach

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everytime there is a quote thread, I always post this quote.

It is from Scarface, and it is my favourite line that Tony Montana says.
What are you lookin' at? You're all a bunch of ****in' ass holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****in' fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what'll that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth... even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Do not s**t where you eat." -Payback
...hey, its deep.

From the cover of the Guide, "Don't Panic".

Best answers
"life sucks and then you die" - who know's who first said that

"Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before - it takes something from him. "~ Louis L'Amour

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. "~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Suicide is man's way of telling God, "You can't fire me - I quit." ~ Bill Maher [lol]

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. "~Mark Twain

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich. "~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"The Bible is literature, not dogma. "~ George Santayana

"He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom. "~ James Gibbons Huneker

I have a TON more.. Ill postem later

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) You can fool all of the people some of time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

2) Every time a school is closed a jail is built.--Mark Twain

3) The good man is always honest. The evil man is always dishonest. The smart man just keeps his mouth shut.

4) As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.--Albert Einstein

5) The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liiiiiiiiight!" - Dante from DMC

Cracks me up every time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"One cannot bring back what the earth has taken" ~ Edward Elric

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get" ~ Forrest Gump

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get" ~ Forrest Gump
That is one of my favorite quotes. Darn you Sicron. :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To anyone who has seen Christ Rock's stand up (forget the name) he says this:

"There are two types of African Americans. Black People and ******s, and not even black people like ******s""

He then goes on explaining the differences, for which I agree with. There are too many people making the race I belong to look bad and people need to learn not to base us off them.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword."

"Why do we try to define people as simply good or simply evil? Because no one wants to admit that compassion and cruelty can live side by side in one heart, and that anyone is capable of anything."

"The secret of luck is never to trust it."

"Intelligent design is just another chapter in the "God of the gaps saga"--if we do not yet fully understand a natural process, then it must be God's work. The church and religious fundamentalists have been at war with science for centuries. They have lost every battle along the way, and they are certain to lose the fight challenging evolution because they cannot stop the accumulation of knowledge or the search for truth."

"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of Hell--a level they reserve for child molestors.. and people who talk at the theater."

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
- Epicurus"

"Have you ever been really angry? So angry you just wanted to destroy every stick of furniture in the house? Imagine having felt that way for many, many centuries, and that you have spent those centuries surrounded by creatures who not only feel the same way and glorify feeling that way, but who are sufficiently powerful enough to inflict their rage on you. Daily. In the most excruciating ways possible. Then imagine being suddenly yanked out of that world and confined to a tiny magic circle by a pathetic creature who wouldn't last 10 seconds in the Abyss. Now imagine this creature demanding a favour."

"We are the furthest apart not when we are separated by life and death, or by the greatest physical distance that may divide us; but when I am standing right in front of you, looking into your eyes, and you don't know that I love you."

Best answers
Sicron said:
I'm so glad somebody said that... Now I give thy one in rebuttal...

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapenos: What you do today may burn your butt tomorrow" - Garfield :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bessie Bradock: "Winston, you're drunk."
Winston Churchill: "Bessie, you're ugly, but at least in the morning i'll be sober."
Bessie Bradock: "If you were my husband, i'd poison your tea."
Winston Churchill: "If you were my wife, i'd drink it."

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage."

Best answers
"You kill one man its tragedy, kill a million, and its a statistic" -J. Stalin

"Never trust a bartender with bad grammar!" - Kyle Katarn (Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast)

"I hope somebody slams a door on your nose and you sneeze and your head explodes" - Danny DeVito, aka Louie Depalmer (Taxi)

"Well, I'll tell you somthing about your famous 'Future': Everyday I wake up, it's still
the present -- the same grimy, boring present. I don't think this 'future' thing really
exist. Do you hear a crackling sound?" - Cale (Titan A.E.)

"Live hard, die young, leave a beautiful corpse" - James Dean

"Our existence deforms the universe. That's responsibility" - Neil Gaiman

"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be" - Janis Joplin

"Hope for the best, expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed" - Unknown

"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box" - Italian Proverb

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough" - Albert Einstein

"Leadership is the ability to hide your panic from others." - Unknown

"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but usually manages to pick himself up, walk over or around it, and carry on." - Winston Churchill

"In this Century, we've got to astonish people. One can't charm them anymore." - Jules Verne, Paris au XXe siecle

"Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most." - Unknown

"Eat, drink, and be merry... for tomorrow, I'm gonna have one hell of a hangover, and I wanna share it with all of you" - Me

"Better to be a damned fool than a damned idiot" - Me

"Fear... Fear attracts the fearful... The Strong.. The Weak.. The Innocent.. The Corrupt.... Fear... Fear is my ally!!!" - Darth Maul (One Truth, Star Wars: Episode I commerical)

" 'What's faith?' Faith, ya see... Faith is when ya believe in somthing.. that nobody in his right mind would believe!" - Carol O'Connor, aka Archie Bunker (All In The Family)

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice: pull down your pants, and slide on the ice" - Allan Arbus, aka Dr. Sidney Freedman (M*A*S*H)

"I may be Love's *****, but atleast I'm man enough to admit it" - James Marsters, aka Spike, aka William the Bloody (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

"I wouldn't mind dying - it's the business of having to stay dead that scares the **** out of me" - Unknown

"Next time, I THROW the grenade!" - Me, after a bad TFC incident

"The difference between being involved and being commited is like a ham and cheese sandwhich: the chicken was involved, the pig was commited" - Unknown

"A bird in the hand... can getcha awful dirty!" - Burt Mustin, aka Justin Quigly, aka TV's Favorite Old Man (All in the Family)

"A rolling stone... can give ya a hell of a bruise!" - Burt Mustin, aka Justin Quigly, aka TV's Favorite Old Man (All in the Family)

"One good turn... gets most of the blanket!" - Burt Mustin, aka Justin Quigly, aka TV's Favorite Old Man (All in the Family)

"To our kidneys, sir - they were fun when they were alive... and so were we" - Alan Alda, aka Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce (M*A*S*H)

"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say, then say the opposite" - Unknown

"In the words of my dear departed father, 'Bring on the suckers'" - George Peppard, aka John "Hannibal" Smith (The A-Team)

"Before you laugh at a man walk a mile in his shoes. Now laugh, you're a mile away and have his shoes" - Unknown

"I wrote you the most beautiful love poem... It takes up almost a whole roll of toilet paper" - Larry Linville, aka Major Frank Burns (M*A*S*H)

"Did you know it was impossible to get insurrance when you're in love?" - Pepe Lepew

"As a collegue of mine once said, 'There is very little difference between man and women'..... Well.. Viva la difference!!" - Pepe Lepew

"You can win a thousand battles, but you can only lose one!" - Zaknafein, Homeland

"I don't like experiencing the stupidity of man's past... I find myself too busy witnessing the stupidity of man's present, and on occasion the future" - Me

"'Biotch'?! I'll have you know, I'm a moutt!!!" - Me

"Sin has many tools, but a lie is the handle that fits them all" - Unknown

"Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive" - Bugs Bunny

"He who ask is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask is a fool forever" - Chinese Proverb (?)

"Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death" - Earl Wilson

"There's nothing more noble and beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he's the closest thing to God" - Treize Kushrenada

"If you're joking, that's cruel. If you're being sarcastic, that's even worse!" - Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz)

"History is like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever" Mariemaia Kushrenada (Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz)

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut" - Albert Einstein

"I see the unemployment on streets. You got your wineos who can't get off the ground... You got your hotpants who can't get down on the ground... You got your hookers put out of work by the regular girls givin' it away for free... You got your ex-politicians who was finked on by the hookers... And then you got your regular, 'round-the-day dreamers, dummies and slobs" - Carroll O'Connor, aka Archie Bunker (All In The Family, first day at the unemplyment office)

"Abstract art is the product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered." - Unkown

"There needs to be a better word for weird" - Strong Sad (www.homestarrunner.com)

"Thank you, Interupter Jones" - Strong Bad (www.homestarrunner.com)

"Not until we start looking by the color of our skin and start searching for the beauty within will we be happy" - Malcom X

"In the jounrey through life, it is not the final outcome that makes the difference, but rather the path one chooses to take" - Unknown

"Women= Time x Money. Time=Money -> Women=Money^2. Money is the Root of all Evil, -> Women=[sqrt(evil)]^2. Thus Women= evil" - Unkown

"Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity" - Unknown

"Always keep your words soft and sweet... Just in case you have to eat them" - www.manatheater.com, mini-episode #6

"If life gives you lemons... squeeze the juice into a water gun and shoot other people in the eyes" - www.manatheater.com, mini-episode #6

"There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the application of explosives" - www.manatheater.com, mini-episode #6

"If you try and don't succeed... cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie" - www.manatheater.com, mini-episode #6

"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by orders ending with 'or die' " - www.manatheater.com, mini-episode #6

"I loved the whole sand wall trick, it was beautifu-- you bastard.." - Benny (The Mummy)

"When I talk dirty to women, it's sexual harassment...
But when a woman talks dirty to me...it's 2.99/min" - Unknown

"Procrastinate now, don't put it off" - Ellen Degeneres

"For every ingenious move, there are hundreds of just plain STUPID moves hidden in the depths of your memory" - Unknown

"Is there an indelible line dividing sanity from insanity or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? Soon we'll find out that the whole world is insane." - Vincent Volaju (Cowboy Bebop: The Movie)

"It was just that he was all alone. Never had anyone to share the game. A man who lived in dreams. That's all he was." - Spike Speigal (Cowboy Bebop: The Movie)

"A.I. is a dual acronym, and their synonymous: Artificial Intelligence and Actual Idiocy" - Me

"If I aint drunk, I deserve to be" - Me

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserved" - Bilbo Baggins

"I'll be responsible with alocohal when I'm an adult. But now I'm 15, fat, and ugly as ****, so dammit I deserve a drink" - Me, in my moody days >_>

"If knowledge is power, and power corrupts, then it is logical to assume that school is the root of all evil" - Unknown

"Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down" - Unknown

"It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishment the scroll, I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul" - William Henley

"Myrrh is mine, its bitter perfume Spells a life of gathering doom. Suffering, sighing, bleeding, dying, sealed in this stone-cold tomb." - Unknown

". . .And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this f***nut-saturated environment" - Unknown

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." -Miyamoto Musashi

"The more you read and learn, the less your adversary will know." -Sun Tzu

"One cannot describe sight to the blind; you'll have to stumble upon it yourself." -Mr. Popo

"You will not go in there with hopes of winning the tournament the first time you compete, to do so will be arrogant, and arrogance is for fools not warriors, so you will enter the tournament with the soul purpose for improving your fighting skills" -Master Roshi

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world." -Tupac Shakur

"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. Adapt!" -Bruce Lee

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Your hands can´t hit what your eyes can´t see." -Muhammad Ali

I have a ton more so I will just leave it at that.

Best answers
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
- Epicurus"

I like that one Sailor Alea =p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Been playing Operation Flashpoint again ^^
"A single death is a tragedy. A thousand deaths is a statistic."-Stalin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom